Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here we go.

As we are mostly 'trapped' at home this should be an interesting one.

When many people first start making slingshot frames we start to see them in all sorts of interesting everyday objects. This month's challenge to to create a frame from anything that was previously used for something totally unrelated. The final frame does not have to resemble that object - or objects (though bonus points if somehow they do) - the materials just need to be repurposed. The more the frame is made from repurposed materials the more kudos.

·
Mojave Mo
5,167 Posts
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for this one!! I'll probably have to sit this one out as I'm crazy busy, but I'll be following for sure!!
Just in case you run out of things to do Shane then send me a note, I've got a concept for making a VW Bug into a Submarine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,167 Posts
Ok. I can sling this contest. Re-Purpose is my Middle Name!!

Mo this is the one! Right up your alley man! Gonna hang a gold one on the wall!
I don't know man! I've been staring at old Harmonica and broken paper towel holder and I'm just drawing a blank!

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
I've been saving a box of rusty old split ring connecting rods for just such a project - Chevy, V-Dub, etc. But, I've lost interest and moved on. I could get a small chainsaw or lawnmower closed ring rod, saw it open and proceed ... or not.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have a question. Can it be a re purposed tree branch to make a slingshot? Asking for a friend.
:) No. As stated it would have had to have a previous use (I'd consider a natural fork from a tree as virgin material in this case). But read the rules carefully there is an important aspect to consider. Will see if anyone gets that and the implication.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK - will make an amendment. You can repurpose materials to make brand new materials. Home made micarta etc. Will see resin/glue as early as a binding agent. However the main component of the resultant material should be repurposed.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts