Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy some stabilized wood and resin sheets? I've found places that sell small blanks for pens and knife scales, but I haven't found anywhere to get larger sheets of this product.

I'd like to pick some up to make scales for some slingshots. Carbon fiber looks nice, but I'd like to get a different "look" to my next build.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
309 Posts
if you mean the dyed plywood where each layer is dyed alternating colors I have been looking for it as well and have only found a couple options so far...
One is frogblanks.com the other is cwp-usa.com.
Be warned, the stuff ain't cheap

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you mean the dyed plywood where each layer is dyed alternating colors I have been looking for it as well and have only found a couple options so far...
I would like finding some of that too, but what I am talking about is the multi-colored resin stabilized wood.

Like what this guy uses all the time.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Check these guys out https://www.shop.ankromexotics.com/ - They have done some stabilizing of my woods for me and that's why I recommend them - They are somewhat limited on size but I believe they can do pieces large enough for sling shots using your materials or what they have on hand - I will mention they are GOOD people!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Another mention - I talked with Pat, the owner of ANKROMEXOTICS and he said he would have no problem processing pieces of wood 4" wide, 6" tall and around 1 1 /2" in thickness - He also mentioned in his business he does not keep woods of that size on hand - He does a lot of different exotic materials and is more than happy to work with people - Again the best thing is to check out his website -

FYI - I have nor do I get ANY kind of ANYTHING for mentioning his website!!!! Of course any and all donations to the "Old Iowan Slingshot Manufacturing, Designing, Consulting and BS Think Tank" are ALWAYS appreciated :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would like finding some of that too, but what I am talking about is the multi-colored resin stabilized wood.

Like what this guy uses all the time.

Sorry, my mind was going a different direction.But that looks amazing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts