Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Window Floor Flooring Hardwood

Wood Lamp Jewellery Twig Audio equipment

So i just finished making and putting the bands on it, which are 14 inches of looped 1745. Started this as a spur of the moment project, I made it in about an hour with only hand tools(my workshop only has one outlet) So tomorrow I am hoping to take out some illegal immigrants I mean Canadian geese with it as they have been pooping absolutely every where and scaring all the fish in my pond away.

Something that I have been doing a lot of and loving every shot of has been frameless shooting. Now every where i go whether it be to the store or on plane I ALWAYS have my frameless setup on my wrist and 20 or so marbles in my pocket, the SS in question is 18 inches of 1745 attached to a warrior seal pouch. No i love this for plinking and for birds, but it isn't very good for hunting anything but robins and empty cans. ENTER THE CHALLENGER!!!!! Now I was going through my dwindling supply of TBG but i couldn't find any long enough for a continuous 17 inch loop. So I robbed an old Boyshot that I had setup for squirrel, I took the bands and just added them to one of about a dozen different paracord key chains that I had laying about. It ended up looking like this.
Wood Cable Font Wire Metal

So while not as stream lined as I was hoping for it is still quite effective. Yesterday day it took 4 squirrels in under thirty minutes! ammo was 38 caliber lead, headshots only of course. anyway, I ate well last night, Yummy gray squirrel.

This post is getting long and i am getting tired. see y'all tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome! Can you demonstrate how you hold your frameless rig?
Of course, I hold and shoot in Volp style, with my little finger on the paracord. Wood Picture frame Hardwood Door Elbow

Stairs Wood Gesture Elbow Waist

Hope this helps.

Edit, Sorry the top picture is upside down for some reason.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
Hahaha...that top picture kind of frightened me...I pretty certain you were an alien from space or other dimension.

The forks on your spaceship look slightly (And intentionallyI am assuming) offset...what isntye purpose of this?

I am a hand tool woodworker myself...I am impressed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha...that top picture kind of frightened me...I pretty certain you were an alien from space or other dimension.
The forks on your spaceship look slightly (And intentionallyI am assuming) offset...what isntye purpose of this?
I am a hand tool woodworker myself...I am impressed.
Yes, it's offset just slightly, so that when I anchor to my ear the bands are in the same direction as the fork. In theory this will make the pull on the bands even and reduce fork hits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I need to tweak my starship a little, every time it shoots there is a audible thunk from the bands hitting the fork. I think it's the looped tubes smacking into it, as there is no damage like you would see in a fork hit. every single shot has been thrown off by this by over a foot in any given direction, even at only 5 feet away I couldn't get a solid hit on a can. Switched to frameless and played a game of kick the can with it out to 60ft.
I am going to redesign the fork to be more like that overpriced and under developed one. With a few mods. I am going to use a 3/8 oak board as the base and attach two eye screws about 100mm apart. I hope that this will solve my problem. Any feed back or ideas is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.