Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I love this forum with such a lot of new informations and so many people who are fascinated by slingshot's. Recently I built my very first wooden slingshot inspirated by another guy on this forum. https://slingshotforum.com/topic/29063-flippinout-starship-alien-class/
However, I thought it would be a great Idea to share my work with you guys. So here it is:
Please tell me what you think about it.
Best regards????

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very impressive job. It's so good to see how talented most of the forum members are. But be careful and wear a safety google so as to remain able to do such things.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Wow! That is all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh gawd, using those power tools without eye protection????

Fantastic build, and I'm jealous as hell of your workshop! Its nice to see when someone has the patience to to do that much glueing and to do it right.

Please, oh please wear eye protection.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
A very nice piece and a fine execution done with skill. But first you might want to check if an arm braced shooter is legal there. Second, as you were gluing the forks together I was surprised that you did not use internal pins to support the structure of the part under the most stress. It looks great but the only thing holding it together is wood glue and good intentions. Putting double TBG on it as well seems to be tempting Fate. I may well be wrong, But you might want to put on your safeties when shooting it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, thank you guys for all that replies!
Just some bullet points I want to clarify.
Arm braced slingshots are indeed illegal in Germany and in Switzerland. However, in Austria, thats where I come from, there is no difference between a regular shooter and an arm braced one. They just count as a piece of sports equipment. Those are the three countrys where German language is spoken. I only informed me about these, just because my video is in German.

I understand your worries about the stability of the fork. However, I tested it out quite a bit by clamping it into the vice and using the double amount of rubber I planned to shot. There was only a tiny little bit of bending noticeable.
Also I think that drilling holes into the fork just to put metal pins through would make the wooden structure even weaker. Also it looks wayyy better without those metal pins.
You are right I should have worn safety googles when using the bandsaw. The problem was that they always take away a little bit of your sight. But still safety should be number one priority.

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
Man, I don't know how I missed this one! Fantastic work Bud! You really know how to work material and it's finished beautifully! Great job!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I watched the video twice! Impressive job and skills. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts