Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what’s everybody useing for steel ammo I have made 4 holders two from olive wood one paracord and one from leather .I got the leather idea from sharpshooter D he used 100 mile an hour tape so I just changed it a little and used some craft glue that stays flexible than a fork to make some holes and small hole on leather punch than some 30 test fishing line to double stitch it all together.This is the first thing I have ever stitched together so be easy on me it doesn’t have to be pretty just stay together and hold my steel .thanks for looking guys ????

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rare earth magnets there is another proper name but it’s slipping me very powerful I had one break so thought I put one either side of my hand the pieces jumped to each other and cut me open .just for fun goggle opening safes with a magnet u can get them the size of a hockey puck and a work sock open electronic safes in seconds it’s pretty cool

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I really like the paracord one you made me. It holds a bunch of ammo and hardly ever looses any. I’m likin that leather one.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Joe very handy bit of kit of sure the leather one really grabs the ammo well I think if u had just a reasonable amount of steel on it u never lose any .DSIL the proper name is Neodymium magnet only thing about them is there brittle and will bust apart that’s why I put in leather instead of just a cord through the middle least if it breaks it’s still going to work .The ceramic ones don’t have the pull the re mags do

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
I wear mine on a lanyards around my neck. I load from the magnet, easy peasy. I'm going to put up a step by step example just as soon as I can get some one to take the pictures, that is if anyone wants to see how I do it?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Thanks Joe very handy bit of kit of sure the leather one really grabs the ammo well I think if u had just a reasonable amount of steel on it u never lose any .DSIL the proper name is Neodymium magnet only thing about them is there brittle and will bust apart that's why I put in leather instead of just a cord through the middle least if it breaks it's still going to work .The ceramic ones don't have the pull the re mags do
Thanks brother! I spent over an hour reading up on magnets and realized there's a whole lot I didn't know. Yes, Neodymium seems to be really strong.

A few years ago I was at a friends welding shop and he had a few magnets the size of thick beer coasters and while I was looking at them BAM!!!! they banged together and I'm just happy my fingers weren't in the way. I'd hate to tell people I lost 1/2 my finger in a magnet mishap. LOL

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wear mine on a lanyards around my neck. I load from the magnet, easy peasy. I'm going to put up a step by step example just as soon as I can get some one to take the pictures, that is if anyone wants to see how I do it?
sure lets see some pics i am open to ideas as long as i dont have to dig ammo out of a bowl or dig in a pocket :D

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Joe very handy bit of kit of sure the leather one really grabs the ammo well I think if u had just a reasonable amount of steel on it u never lose any .DSIL the proper name is Neodymium magnet only thing about them is there brittle and will bust apart that's why I put in leather instead of just a cord through the middle least if it breaks it's still going to work .The ceramic ones don't have the pull the re mags do
Thanks brother! I spent over an hour reading up on magnets and realized there's a whole lot I didn't know. Yes, Neodymium seems to be really strong.

A few years ago I was at a friends welding shop and he had a few magnets the size of thick beer coasters and while I was looking at them BAM!!!! they banged together and I'm just happy my fingers weren't in the way. I'd hate to tell people I lost 1/2 my finger in a magnet mishap. LOL
ya big magnets r not toys for sure i have gotten bit .did u check out guy poppin safes and hotel doors with the magnets kinda scary :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts