Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
i know what you are thinking,and yep its another question this time concernig bent rod slingshots ive made the fame from a small metal pole i had and its shaped quite normally so i need to put a decent wrap on it i tries to put soldering wire on it and found it made quite a good grip but i sadly ran out before the job was finshed so i only have twine so how do i do it ?? i know henery from panarama has done a how to but it says nothing about the grip its very similar to the ones on his website thanks

Alexander .s. Howson

·
Super Moderator
5,206 Posts
hi guys
i know what you are thinking,and yep its another question this time concernig bent rod slingshots ive made the fame from a small metal pole i had and its shaped quite normally so i need to put a decent wrap on it i tries to put soldering wire on it and found it made quite a good grip but i sadly ran out before the job was finshed so i only have twine so how do i do it ?? i know henery from panarama has done a how to but it says nothing about the grip its very similar to the ones on his website thanks

Alexander .s. Howson
It would be a big help to see the frame you want to wrap. I don't remember now where I got the instructions on wrapping, but pretty sure it was on YouTube.

·
Registered
229 Posts
hi guys

Alexander .s. Howson
Nice bend job! I think you found your forte.

·
Super Moderator
5,206 Posts
I found the pictures I downloaded on wrapping a slingshot. I don't remember where I found them, but it wasn't YouTube after all. Here is a link to them.

http://oldpeddler.co...wrap/index.html

I notice that your slingshot frame, like mine, doesn't have a cross brace where the forks start, so you will need to add an anchor point for the Paracord. Here is how I do it.

Font Eyewear Fashion accessory Titanium Metal

I use waxed leather-sewing twine in a constrictor knot with one additional turn and a square knot.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you would like a more solid grip to fill the palm of your hand, you might condider adding extra material to the handle before doing a wrap...cut shapes of wood, foam, leather, or even cardboard can help add some dimension to the grip...In many cases, I find that wrapping with cut strips of bicycle inner tube can make a great grip, and long lasting...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts