Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out Joerg's video of the east coast tournament 2010. The first round of shooting involved shooting steel targets. I would like to set up a similar course on my property however I cannot find similar targets. Does anybody know where I can find targets like the ones used in the tournament.

Video link:

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Why not draw up targets to size bring to weling shop and they can cut quarter inch steel plate and prime it for you. Life time targets for sure.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Or you could just go to a scrap metal place and get an old big saw blade off them>

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just built a target out of a piece of sheet metal and i pinup targets onto it.It catches my ammo and really works well.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I need a target that will tell me where I have hit. The one I use is difficult to spot and is limiting my ability to improve.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I need a target that will tell me where I have hit. The one I use is difficult to spot and is limiting my ability to improve.
Dan ! I used to shoot soda cans from 10 meters then as I shot the cans its got smaler and smaler then now Icut the cans in half on the first place thats my target .After a few shots only the deformed top part of the can is left thats when the fun starts. I shot it until it completely falls apart.
Conclusion; Dont be afraid to use smaller target
Good shooting

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
If you want your target to have a nice ring to it when you meet your mark then purchase a blu-mol bimetal hole saw you can get it 1/2 inch to over 3 inches they have a ring to them when hit. There are generally two holes predrilled in the bottem end of it where you can run a wire through it. Just hang it in a catch box. A hole saw that you put on the end of a drill. I have a 1-3/4 inch blu-mol that I use for this purpose and I put an oragne sticker on it to help me see it. A smaller target will help you focus and pin point your shots. It's a nice reward when you hear that ring of metal to metal.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
...How about the Birchwood-Casey Shoot-n-See targets?
Those are nice, but can be exspensive for the purpose of improving your skills. I started out shooting at a tarp. Once I wore a hole into the tarp, I built a catchbox. Then I started using smaller targets. I now practice shooting a piece of 7075 aluminum, about the size of a silver dollar. That's what has worked for me at least.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
...How about the Birchwood-Casey Shoot-n-See targets?
Those are nice, but can be exspensive for the purpose of improving your skills. I started out shooting at a tarp. Once I wore a hole into the tarp, I built a catchbox. Then I started using smaller targets. I now practice shooting a piece of 7075 aluminum, about the size of a silver dollar. That's what has worked for me at least.
[/quote]

If that aluminum target was painted white, then top coated with a black ...viola! metal shoot-n-see's for dollar store spray paint?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts