Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out Joerg's video of the east coast tournament 2010. The first round of shooting involved shooting steel targets. I would like to set up a similar course on my property however I cannot find similar targets. Does anybody know where I can find targets like the ones used in the tournament.

Video link:

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I need a target that will tell me where I have hit. The one I use is difficult to spot and is limiting my ability to improve.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I need a target that will tell me where I have hit. The one I use is difficult to spot and is limiting my ability to improve.
Dan ! I used to shoot soda cans from 10 meters then as I shot the cans its got smaler and smaler then now Icut the cans in half on the first place thats my target .After a few shots only the deformed top part of the can is left thats when the fun starts. I shot it until it completely falls apart.
Conclusion; Dont be afraid to use smaller target
Good shooting

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
If you want your target to have a nice ring to it when you meet your mark then purchase a blu-mol bimetal hole saw you can get it 1/2 inch to over 3 inches they have a ring to them when hit. There are generally two holes predrilled in the bottem end of it where you can run a wire through it. Just hang it in a catch box. A hole saw that you put on the end of a drill. I have a 1-3/4 inch blu-mol that I use for this purpose and I put an oragne sticker on it to help me see it. A smaller target will help you focus and pin point your shots. It's a nice reward when you hear that ring of metal to metal.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
...How about the Birchwood-Casey Shoot-n-See targets?
Those are nice, but can be exspensive for the purpose of improving your skills. I started out shooting at a tarp. Once I wore a hole into the tarp, I built a catchbox. Then I started using smaller targets. I now practice shooting a piece of 7075 aluminum, about the size of a silver dollar. That's what has worked for me at least.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
...How about the Birchwood-Casey Shoot-n-See targets?
Those are nice, but can be exspensive for the purpose of improving your skills. I started out shooting at a tarp. Once I wore a hole into the tarp, I built a catchbox. Then I started using smaller targets. I now practice shooting a piece of 7075 aluminum, about the size of a silver dollar. That's what has worked for me at least.
[/quote]

If that aluminum target was painted white, then top coated with a black ...viola! metal shoot-n-see's for dollar store spray paint?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.