Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
If you've got a gun range in your neighborhood then go out at night and you can dig up quite a bit of dinged up lead. Then the trick is making it round again!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
We got wheel weights from the auto shops. Had an old pop corn popper to heat it with. Set up all night down the basement pouring .36 cal. balls for our muzzle loader. surprised we didn't choke to death breathing that stuff.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Yeah I've heard that, so much lead free crap out there these days.

Where would I get one of those cups you have? I honestly have no problem making my lead Civil War style i.e. over an open fire, with a little melting pan, and a single shot mould or two. I've wanted to do this for some time and I want to get set up to do it before spring is in full swing lol.
Shoot BC.. you can heat lead in a small cheap frying pan. Anything that will hold together at a higher temp than lead. Wheel weights aren't lead anymore? Guess you'll have to pick an old tire shop.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Ther just what a need how do a find tge 8 or 9 mm size buddy ther a good price thanks man
No worries man glad to help, the one that says '.36 cal' thats basically 9mm. The closest I can find is what Im using which is .36 cal (.375) which is on that page.

Sounds like we're after the same moulds lol.
Guys to figure caliber size multiply by 4. Ergo 9mm X 4 = 36.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Does anyone sell lead shots? 3/8? I dont really have to means to make my own.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk
Go here and scroll down: https://pocketpredator.com/three.htmllead ball ammo is cast from triple cleaned lead, then tumbled for 30 minutes and sold for $7.95 a lbs. Obviously smaller calibers equal more balls per pound.
I generally cast 2 days a week
thanks a lot my friend! But for some reason the link is not working for me. It says incorrect url whatever that means lol.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk
Mik...You might try to google up blackpowder supplies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.