Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been wanting to make one for a long time, saw the one made from hockey stick, but that’s not what I like, just a (kinda) regular stick, mebbe natural, , ok can come up with that, but what troubles me is how/what kind of pouch setup, works, like to see a good setup, so I know where to go with it, without shooting myself, made a tub full of slingshots, but the single stick always fascinated me but never tried it, so with long winter a coming up thought I would try one or 2 or maybe not, anybody got a picture, drawing or anything?, gotta try and see if I can get it a working, hey. Thanks,,,,B

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,444 Posts
I been wanting to make one for a long time, saw the one made from hockey stick, but that's not what I like, just a (kinda) regular stick, mebbe natural, , ok can come up with that, but what troubles me is how/what kind of pouch setup, works, like to see a good setup, so I know where to go with it, without shooting myself, made a tub full of slingshots, but the single stick always fascinated me but never tried it, so with long winter a coming up thought I would try one or 2 or maybe not, anybody got a picture, drawing or anything?, gotta try and see if I can get it a working, hey. Thanks,,,,B
Maybe try this ?

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/114920-a-few-special-slingbonez/?hl=%2Bstick+%2Bshooter#entry1285688

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I shot a stick shot when I was a kid. My dad made it for me. It had a single flat band and a loop of string to attach the pouch. I shot it until I busted my thumb then I gave it up.

I occasionally shoot them now. I just wrap and tuck my regular band or tube sets on the handle off my Burnett Strike 9. I find the two band sets much better than the one flat band with a loop of tube to attach the pouch. I like the concept of a stick shooter but accuracy eludes me.

The are several YouTube videos showing nice stick shooters. Jorge Sprave and Gamekeeper John come to mind but there are others.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welll, after a research, and video study, made the decision to forget it, gonna stick with fork types’ seems like it would be a frustration builder, don’t need no more frustrations, so gonna scrub that idea like the idea I had about unicycles, and some other stuff thru the years

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Welll, after a research, and video study, made the decision to forget it, gonna stick with fork types' seems like it would be a frustration builder, don't need no more frustrations, so gonna scrub that idea like the idea I had about unicycles, and some other stuff thru the years
I was gonna suggest that you just tie the band to your thumb and save yourself the effort of finding a stick before you blow your nail off.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey- Flip I tried the big red tubes tied to my thumb with dental floss but when I shot 58 cal lead balls from my warrior pouch I just couldn’t cut cards at 20 meters anymore so I just gave the whole idea up, thanks for the suggestion tho. =B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts