Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
At the risk of completely derailing with information likely no one is interested in...

The two major compounds in the Cannabis plant - tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) - are both non-psychoactive compounds.

When you heat these compounds, the heat will "activate" or decarboxylate the cannabinoids, transforming them into tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and the non-psychoactive cannabidiol (CBD).

-------------

The TLDR is: At least for humans, unless you heat it, you can eat it without effect.

Now birds on the other hand...
*shrug

· Registered
63 Posts
This thread was interesting to me. Thanks guys. I've grown hops which I'm told are a relative of the plant, but I've never been around pot, tried it or seen it in use. I come from a very conservative area of a very conservative state. From what you have told me, the pot that I saw harvested must be grown for the seed. Which brings me to ask...what good are the seeds? Hemp oil? I'm told that the plant can be used similar to flax.
Female plants will seed only if they are pollinated if I remember correctly. (Never grew, just consumed)

Hemp seeds are incredibly healthy for you. Heart healthy omega 3 and protein.

Hemp oil is a tricky thing only because people use the term indiscriminately.

Hemp seeds can be pressed for oil similar to olive oil with a great subtle nutty taste. Hemp plants can also be processed to remove CBD to make CBD oil, edibles, tinctures, etc., but this is very different from hemp oil, which is used to cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.