Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In praise of Hammer Grips!

In the tradition of Dennis the Menace, Bart Simpson, and Joerg.

SimpleShot's Hammer, Mark Seljan's Ten Ton Hammer, A+ Slingshots' Kit Fox and Minotaur, Joerg's Rambone 2.0 and Moorhammer, Pocket Predator's Tac Hammer and SERE, Jack Koehler's Flat Cat Pro and Beaver - not to mention classic wire frames!

This thread is devoted to Hammer Grips and hammer grippers everywhere. Time to show off your hammer grips!

To get us started, a Jack Koehler Alley Cat with the thumb and finger rests removed and rubber pads to facilitate hammer grip.

Jewellery Metal Fashion accessory Font Strap

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
In praise of Hammer Grips!

In the tradition of Dennis the Menace, Bart Simpson, and Joerg.

SimpleShot's Hammer, Mark Seljan's Ten Ton Hammer, A+ Slingshots' Kit Fox and Minotaur, Joerg's Rambone 2.0 and Moorhammer, Pocket Predator's Tac Hammer and SERE, Jack Koehler's Flat Cat Pro and Beaver - not to mention classic wire frames!

This thread is devoted to Hammer Grips and hammer grippers everywhere. Time to show off your hammer grips!

To get us started, a Jack Koehler Alley Cat with the thumb and finger rests removed and rubber pads to facilitate hammer grip.

attachicon.gif
Ally Cat Hammer Grip.jpg
I am a huge admirer of the Alley Cat's. Those things look awesome. Does he still make/sell them?

Reactions: Tag and MakoPat

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
@SamuraiSamoht - nice collection! Thanks!

Do you have a favorite?

How does the Tac Hammer compare with the SERE?
If I had to pick Id say my favourite is the rotating head frame in the top left of the photo of multiples. For a non rotating head my next favourite is probably the GZK Mini Hammer with the G10 handle.
The TacHammer and SERE feel quite different and I gravitate more towards the ergos of the TacHammer. But both shoot great. I also like that the TacHammer accepts FlipClips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts

·
985 Posts
Before I joined this forum a few weeks ago I didn't know there was anything but a "Hammer" grip....Now I know better...BUT...having small hands so far the hammer grip works for me - Here's one I finished last week - Thanks goodness for HAMMER TIME!!!!
You're taking that little wire frame concept and really making it pop! Each time I see the newest ideation, I like it even better!

·
985 Posts
I've got three, and although they're not regular shooters I enjoy them all and they're pretty comfy to use. Just hard to pack around on a daily basis...

1. Bad Company in 1/2" plywood with green floral stamp pattern

2. Daisy F-16 modified with short forks, wood handle, and Pocket Predator clips.

3. My dad's old wrist rocket. I'm not sure of the brand, maybe a Trumark? Lots of sentimental value, and it's just needs to be rebranded with some good rubber.

Attachments

·
985 Posts
Ba Hammers and Bad Company's Rock! They used to be my favorite to shoot and give away. They are great for beginners and side scales look great on them
I hadn't even thought about adding scales! It is pretty friendly to make and seems like it'd be really easy to modify.

Reactions: flipgun

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
This is what I could find on short notice.

Wood Fawn Ingredient Recipe Art

Horse Working animal Wood Fawn Art

Top left an early Dan Hood, next is a pistol grip hammer by Snader. The next four are my home-grown's. A Moorhammer by KeneticWeaponry, two by Arnisador and of course an old Marksman.

Attachments

·
985 Posts
This is what I could find on short notice.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0078.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0079.jpg

Top left an early Dan Hood, next is a pistol grip hammer by Snader. The next four are my home-grown's. A Moorhammer by KeneticWeaponry, two by Arnisador and of course an old Marksman.
I really like the look of that frame by Snader. Nice collection!

Reactions: flipgun

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've got three, and although they're not regular shooters I enjoy them all and they're pretty comfy to use. Just hard to pack around on a daily basis...

2. Daisy F-16 modified with short forks, wood handle, and Pocket Predator clips.

3. My dad's old wrist rocket. I'm not sure of the brand, maybe a Trumark? Lots of sentimental value, and it's just needs to be rebranded with some good rubber.
I don't think that your dad's-wrist rocket is not a Trumark. It looks like a Marksman to me. Trumark never used frame protectors. Trumarks were always aluminum and the forks and wrist braces were silver colored. Also Trumark never had a molder grip. Although the wrist brace is a Trumark style, I understand that Marksman produced slingshots with that style for a period of time. Maybe one of the collectors will chime in.

·
985 Posts

I don't think that your dad's-wrist rocket is not a Trumark. It looks like a Marksman to me. Trumark never used frame protectors. Trumarks were always aluminum and the forks and wrist braces were silver colored. Also Trumark never had a molder grip. Although the wrist brace is a Trumark style, I understand that Marksman produced slingshots with that style for a period of time. Maybe one of the collectors will chime in.
It's packed up right now, but I should probably dig it out and see if I can find a brand name printed on there. He just always referred to it as a 'wrist rocket'. Not my favorite type of slingshot, but the arm brace is actually a lot more comfortable than the ones on Daisy and Barnett frames today.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@MikeyLikesIt - Hopefully one of the collectors will chime in. I think that some of the manufacturers fought over ownership rights to the term "wrist rocket." Trumark marked its slingshots with "wrist rocket" for a period of time and then stopped. That wrist brace was used by several manufacturers for a period of time and then used exclusively by Trumark. Chief AJ uses it now, as does Survival Slingshots. I agree that it works much better than the rubber strap style used by Marksman, Barnett, Daisy, et al.

you should definitely band it up and shoot it - lots of mojo there

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.