Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I am not at the level of my peers. But what I did was just downloaded a bunch of templates to a file and found some reviews that other members did on the designs.
I used my jealousy to motivate me and with a coping saw and cheap dremel clone,have turned out a few very functional frames.
Weather you want a natty, boardcut or recycled hdpe, the info is here and these guys are great and always supportive, so you are gonna do great.

·
Super Moderator
6,082 Posts
Like Void said. You need very basic tools.

Get some ply - marine ply is fine - but do check for voids and fill as you are working. Good quality Multiplex does tend to be better.

Tools - some sort of holding tool (vice or g-clamps etc.) / a coping saw (with fine teeth is better) / some files are a plus / Sandpaper in various grits (You can use buts of plastic pipe or shapes etc. as mandrels to give the sandpaper shape and form and use essentially as custom shaped files)

What I do is print the template to size cut and stick to the material. Cut with the coping saw about 2mm away from the outer line. Then shape usually with sandpaper and my 'mandrels' usually 80grit continually working dinner till about 6-800 odd starting off trying to keep the direction of the sanding at 90º to the material. Once thats done - soften up the edges so its comfortable, and sand off the remaining paper template. Once you are happy finish isn't strictly required but a rattle can varnish is plenty (I usually do 2-3 coats with a light sanding between).

If you use a suitable plastic or metal material Its a similar process, possibly working finer on the sandpaper . And you can ignore the final varnish. With plastic and metal I stick the template with a water based glue and simply soak it off.

Band up and use.

·
Registered
935 Posts
How does it shoot? Ive had some beautiful girlfriends that wernt worth a damn and some unattractive/plain ones that were priceless.

Its not a beauty contest its a shooting contest, plus no one can see it when its in your hand. So all you have to do is never put it down or stop shooting it.

Ugly slingshots need love too.(I dont think its ugly)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.