Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am re-posting this conclusion from my previous thread

"How to store latex sheet, bands, tubing . . . and slingshot/catapults?"

because few people go back to read the end of a thread.

I looked briefly for small black plastic bags and found some "small" 13" x 8" x 18 "bottle" carrier bags, very cheap but in lots of 100 minimum.

I don't like waste, so I am still looking.

Meanwhile, Jenny said brightly, "Cut up a big black rubbish bag?".

I had several of those, so my rubber and catapults are now wrapped in several layers of this.

Mike

·
Registered
591 Posts
PS - [is no development work ever finished?]

The black plastic sheet cut out of the big black plastic rubbish bags is quite smelly, so it may be an aggressive plastic.

I have now found about 90 brown paper bags from a previous purchase, 10" x 10" approx, which is an ideal size.

So I have transferred the rubber and catapults into these brown paper bags, in a cardboard carton with a good light-excluding lid.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Occasionally when I get a package in the mail it's in a black lined plastic satchel, that's what I use. You might what to check your post office for one.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally I bought the 100 pc deal on the small 13" x 18" x 8" black plastic carrier bags and am finding them useful for lots of things.

So my spare rubber is in brown paper bags inside the black plastic bags in the fridge, and my catapults are in the brown paper bags in the black plastic bags in a shoe box.

Happy with that.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Those little black plastic bags some parks have out for pet waste work great. I usually grab one or two when we take the dog to the park.They work great for rolls of band material or they are big enough to put your banded slingshot in also.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those little black plastic bags some parks have out for pet waste work great. I usually grab one or two when we take the dog to the park.They work great for rolls of band material or they are big enough to put your banded slingshot in also.
Thanks, yes, they are very handy - bigger than most freezer bags, smaller than the usual carrier bags.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts