Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear some stories of al of you out there!
I am talking about the shots you made with the sun in your eyes, the wind in falls direction a T-rex attacking you and you still made the shot, got the girl and 1000000 dollars in pure gold! (All BRAGGING allowed)

And of course the other way around... The one where you KNEW that it was safe but yo still manage to destroy 5 windows and the neighbours brand new flat-screen 100" plasma TV.

So story time is here let the narrating begin!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My fisrt hunting trip with my grandad with slingshots and we went to his yard (where he stores his cars and engines and things like that) we knew there were rats there but wernt quite sure how many or the size of them. We found some holes where we thought they were and dripped sardine juice oit side of it and then made a trail of it to about 5 metres to the back of the pick up where we were shooting from some little rats were the frst to come out and then a rat the size of a rabbit came out me and my grandad both went for it and we killed it with one shot one hit the garage behind. It was my kill and no one could take it away frome untill i found the missed shot and realised that it was steel not lead. I used a steel 9mm shot and my grandad a 9mm lead i think.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
This could be a highly interesting and entertaining post to watch and read.

I can't say I have had any remarkable shots except, when the slingshot two times slung the ball back and hit the exact same place on my finger. It is always nice to hit something in the same place, but I prefer it to be something in front of my catty. Caused by improper band attachment.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Ouch!!! You guys talking about hitting fingers and the back of hands is getting me paranoid. I wish I could find a slingshot shooting glove with armor on the back of it for protection.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Ouch!!! You guys talking about hitting fingers and the back of hands is getting me paranoid. I wish I could find a slingshot shooting glove with armor on the back of it for protection.
BMX or Motocross gloves... can be spendy but effective. I prefer to 'just deal with it'.

·
Registered
525 Posts
once i was target shooting and set up a hanging steel milo can and some soda cans just below and in front, on my first shot i hait the steel can on the bottom and the steel ball rebounded and went through the 2 soda cans!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Once when I was walking 20 miles to school, up hill both ways, bare foot, in snow up to my chin and 50 below zero, I killed a grizzly bear with a slingshot I fashioned from a tree branch, two rubber bands that were holding my pants up, because we could only afford one belt for 12 children, it wasn't my day to wear it, and a chunk of ice I pulled from the river that was supposed to be my lunch....sorry was channeling my Dad there for a second...

My greatest stories consist of me actually hitting the target,

Reactions: Ukprelude

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Well,after Harps story,everything else is just so much gravy!
I did have 2 notable things happen with a slingshot. The first was when I was teenager and was hunting down the "swamps" is what we called them down near the Hackensack river. That place was loaded with rabbits,pheasants,snipe,ducks,rats,etc.. I loved that place It was my wilderness in the big city (climb a tree and you saw Manhattan!). Anyway, a male Pheasant flushed in front of me. If you've never experienced it-well let's just say it's real scary. Big bird,shoots up right in front of you, cackling,screeching, feathers flying and I took a shot as he was flying away and nailed him in the back of the neck with a 1/2" steel ball using a Saunders Falcon 300 with heavy (magnum) Pocket rocket tubes on her. It was my greatest hunting shot! The other notable instance with a slingshot was catching a ricochet of a steel ball that came back and almost hit me. Stuck my hand out and actually caught it-the only time i ever did it! (Came real close twice at the tournament though) Joerg was clanging big steel balls off the sawblade and they were bouncing all over!!!! Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
OK then I have to tell my story too. I was about 14 years old and used to hunt quite a bit. We lived in the middle of cotton country near Lubbock Texas and here also was jackrabbit hunting heaven. It was in the evening on a Friday after school. The air was just beginning to get that evening chill from the upcoming winter, but it was still light jacket weather. I was walking the edges of the fields that had just been harvested of all their summertime glory, mostly dirt with rows of cotton stalks that hadn't been turned under yet. The edges were left unkempt for the wildlife to inhabit and it made the search a little bit easier. I was pretty good at spotting a rabbits eyes as it hunkered down in hiding waiting for the threat to pass by, but this time I didn't have any idea a rabbit was close and it jumped right at my feet. It ran straight away from me for 30 yards or so then turned left out into the field across the rows for another 30 yards or so. If you've done much rabbit hunting, you know that cottontails will circle around and try to come right back where they started. Jacks, on the other hand will run straight away from you for quite a distance and then stop and look back to see if they are being pursued. Well, this jack made another left turn to run back the same direction he came from, but was out about 30 yards, now running along the irrigation channel between rows. I could see the tops of his ears and led him for a shot about what I thought it should be and let 'er fly. That arrow caught him right in the middle of his body and he didn't move an inch after that. OK, it was a forty pound draw Fred Bear recurve that I think I bought at Sears for 40.00, but it was the greatest shot I ever made! I once shot a quail on the fly with a flu-flu arrow, but now I can admit that it was bum luck with just enough skill to get close. Sorry it wasn't a slingshot, but I still relish that shot today.

·
Registered
35 Posts
YOUR ON TO SOMETHING.YOU SHOLD GIVE IT SOME THINKING.THIS CAN BE BIG!!!!$$$$

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
YOUR ON TO SOMETHING.YOU SHOLD GIVE IT SOME THINKING.THIS CAN BE BIG!!!!$$
[/quote]

Saunders already did it with the wrist rocket pro.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
My most memorable moment was managing to creep up 5 metres behind a squirrel, he turned around to look straight at me and a 9.5mm steel ball sent the little guy straight to heaven! I was using a Barnett black widow and it was my first hunting trip in the woods.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
This happen to me about a month ago. I was shooting at a can using a .44 cal lead ball when I pulled back and let it fly. Well it hit my finger then the fork, bounced of the fork and broke my safty glass basement window about 10 feet away and can back and hit my ribs bruising my side. OUCH triple whammy. I healed, but the window is still broke and also a reminder of the power these slingshots have. But I am still having fun shooting.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
When indoors I use a blanket. This way my aim has to be WAY off to break anything.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts