Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to experiment with tubes again. I don't care for looped or tapered. What are good choices for straight tubes with 3/8 and 7/16 steel? I realize that I will probably need different tubes for each ammo type. I am drawing 35 inches. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I use Simple Shot small latex tubing for 3/8 steel but use a longer draw. Their medium latex tubing will definitely work for 3/8 and the large will work for larger ammo. Simple Shot used to sell a sampler pack of tubes so you could test all of their tubes. Don't know if they still do. If you look at each tube size SS gives suggestions on what size ammo to use with each tube.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Simple Shot small latex tubing for 3/8 steel but use a longer draw. Their medium latex tubing will definitely work for 3/8 and the large will work for larger ammo. Simple Shot used to sell a sampler pack of tubes so you could test all of their tubes. Don't know if they still do. If you look at each tube size SS gives suggestions on what size ammo to use with each tube.
Thanks, GG! I had a small amount of SS medium and it seemed to work well with 3/8. They've been out of stock so I haven't been able to order more, so I was looking for other alternatives. I may just have to wait for them to get more.

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
I like 1842 and I bet 2040 will work. I just do not like the slightly heavier draw weight.

I also use tabs with tubes much of the time I shoot tubes. Single tubes on tabs is really my favorite or narrow wrapped & tucked flats.

I flipflop back and forth between these 2 set ups.

Double L, a.k.a. Lester Light may have some if SS does not.

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,232 Posts
I have been using 1842 for 3/8 and 7/16 steel and it works great. Plenty of poop for Starlings, Pigeon and Rabbit for sure. .. The fly at a very good clip for me.

I use looped 1842's with a static length of ~ 6.50 - 6.75 and a 32+" draw ---- shooting OTT configuration !

wll

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,232 Posts
I have been using 1842 for 3/8 and 7/16 steel and it works great. Plenty of poop for Starlings, Pigeon and Rabbit for sure. .. The fly at a very good clip for me.

I use looped 1842's with a static length of ~ 6.50 - 6.75 and a 32+" draw ---- shooting OTT configuration !

wll
Sorry, I did not read the OP's topic well .. as for a single tube, I have two, the Green and the Orange Rolyan tubes. I get them from Performance Health, here is a link https://www.performancehealth.com/rolyan-energizing-resistance-tubing

This tubing is know as Dub Dub on the forums and it really sends ammo out at a very fast clip. It is a bit more fragile than a Chinese tube but man alive ammo will go out at warp speed is set up right.

wll

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

wll
Sorry, I did not read the OP's topic well .. as for a single tube, I have two, the Green and the Orange Rolyan tubes. I get them from Performance Health, here is a link https://www.performancehealth.com/rolyan-energizing-resistance-tubing

This tubing is know as Dub Dub on the forums and it really sends ammo out at a very fast clip. It is a bit more fragile than a Chinese tube but man alive ammo will go out at warp speed is set up right.

wll
Perfect! Thanks, wll!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts