Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a slingshot designed for straight wrist hold - S-shape recurve like the Recurve Hunter that I found references to in the forum.

I hold in the left hand - thumb brace.
I have seen straight wrist slingshots designed for pinch hold - so I wouldn't be opposed to something designed for pinch hold as long as it's for a straight wrist.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'm looking for a slingshot designed for straight wrist hold - S-shape recurve like the Recurve Hunter that I found references to in the forum.

I hold in the left hand - thumb brace.
I have seen straight wrist slingshots designed for pinch hold - so I wouldn't be opposed to something designed for pinch hold as long as it's for a straight wrist.

Thank you
I'd talk to lbojoe about one of his "spoon rest" frames. He's the king of the curvy flip.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Wow, that's a nice first attempt. I like it and I now have an eye out for some old chairs.

As Tree Man suggested, search the forum for "spoon rest" to see some of lbojoe's work; they are a very nice design for straight wrist.

As Ghost mentioned, Roger, aka, Wingshooter, made great frames. Do a forum search for Wingshooter to see his work.

Also, check out the "Hare Splitter" by FlippinOut Slingshots ( aka SimpleShot); you might get lucky and find one of the cast aluminum versions by ProShot.

Lastly, you might look into the EVO by Wayne Martin at Catty Shack. His frame is not a recurve, but the fork tips are slanted for a straight wrist shooting style.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the information. I've found Roger's work in the forum and I'm sad to learn he passed last year.

I'm aware of the EVO and its tips through a thread on hand slap - Booral121 pointed it out. I've been trying out tips like that on my own builds...

Will look into the Hare Splitter...

I'm trying to contact Ibojoe as well - maybe he can help...

As it seems I'll be trying a few more bendy ply chair slingshots - maybe even attempt to glue two pieces together for a true S-curve...

Thanks again, I appreciate the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts