Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I hunt. I also plink around but it is prep for hunting.

It is getting too cold to shoot a slingshot. 25 degrees F. yesterday and no matter how warm I kept the bands It seems there was no hope. Power was nill. Is there any way I can get a bit more out of this season or is it time to hang it up and get back to the stickbow for my chase of small game?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
You can use precise anti cold bands. I haven't tried them yet, but I hear there good

It is below freezing here as well....all I've been doing is cutting my regular bands a little wider with a more extreme taper, and use a little heavier ammo to make up for the lose of FPS.

I have never had a problem hunting all winter. I also shoot long draw and active.
Hope this helps.

I hunt most of the time with 12 mm steel. My single hunting bands send them right around 290 FPS during the summer. I crony'd my bands a few days ago with that steel, the temp was -7 and they were shooting 220.

Still lots of power for small game.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
You can use precise anti cold bands. I haven't tried them yet, but I hear there good

It is below freezing here as well....all I've been doing is cutting my regular bands a little wider with a more extreme taper, and use a little heavier ammo to make up for the lose of FPS.

I have never had a problem hunting all winter. I also shoot long draw and active.
Hope this helps.

I hunt most of the time with 12 mm steel. My single hunting bands send them right around 290 FPS during the summer. I crony'd my bands a few days ago with that steel, the temp was -7 and they were shooting 220.

Still lots of power for small game.
Minus seven is what to us old cowboys? 14 or so in F? You canucks gotta talk yankee to some of us old guys...;)

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Precise anti-cold is great.

Those bands are made to use in temperature lower than 50°F .

10,4°F is the lowest temperature, where I have been shooting with 0,75 anti-cold and without any speed drop.

Haven't tried any lower temperature, because my fingers don't like cold weather that much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.