Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. First of all, i didn't find any clear topics to my problem, so here we go..

When i started to shoot with slings, my anchor point was next to my mouth. After that, it was under my ear.

Now i think that most natural style for me is half(?)butterfly. Draw is about 115cm or 45 inches.

Now the question. How do i cut my bands? How thick band? Where and how to start? And what comes to ammo, i use 9.5mm or 3/8 steel and m8 hex nuts, so weight range is about 3gr-5gr. And finally the most important, closest thing to all NEWBIES: how much fps can i reach in theory? (Still on fps hunting stage, forget the accuracy lol).

Thanks.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answer skropi.

Can you open this halfbutterfly more to me.

"If you really like speed, shoot 3/4 butterfly, it's a nice compromise between full butterfly, which is a bit fiddly for me, and the shorter draw lengths."

Is my 115cm drawlenght considered as a half butterfly or more or less?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok now i get it. I think 3/4 is close to my technique.

So 0.60-0.70 seems to be best option for all styles just different cuts and lenghts.

Thanks a lot. Now i only have 1mm gzk...have to figure out how to cut it. Maybe 10/10 and still experience hand slaps..:)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. It's very powerful. Kalevala told me to cut it 15/10 and it's very good like that with short draw. Maybe i try to cut it 13/8 and 26cm(10 inch) active lenght and see can i pull it 3/4 butterfly..

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@skropi First i was kind of frustrated, now i like to test different setups. :)

@flipgun you're so right. Earlier yesterday i was worried about that. In beginning i thought it's just a one sling, one band set made from a ripped gym ball, couple on hex nut's and all good..

I was so wrong...soon i need to build entire new wall to organize my stuff..lol :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.