Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Well, I had some extra money and splurged last month. So everything is coming in the mail.
Here's what came yesterday:
1. My too-cool-for-words Cougar from Dan (ZDP189) -- Thanks again, Dan.
2. PS-2 Dark Walnut multiplex from Perry (A+ Slingshots) with his original bandset -- Thanks Perry for the custom linseed oil finish and the engraved logo.
3. A surprise package from Skit Slunga containing not only the Black Thera he promised but also one of his great lil' mini-scitties, and plenty of nice leather for pouches. Thanks Skit!
4. A marvelous chunk of yew from Martin. Thanks, Martin. It's a bit daunting. I really want to do justice to this material that means so much to me.

Unfortunately it was raining when the mail came or I'd have run right outside and started shooting, lol. But later it cleared up. Spent the rest of the day shooting both slingshots. I had some trepidation about shooting the Cougar, but could not resist. But no problems, I'm shooting much better than I was when I chipped it. Dan, I gotta tell you, man, you must have been channeling me, slingshot-wise. My God, this thing acts like it grew in my hands! And the look of it flat satisfies my soul. I know it's heavy, but since I'm a sort of beefy construction-worker type with big hands, that's no problem for me -- I love it! As Jim has mentioned about his "Element" slingshot, weight brings something positive to shooting: it eases shock and recoil. (I noticed this in my aluminum cast slingshot, with which I shoot strong Gold Thera concoction.) Shooting this Cougar is like riding in a Cadillac. Can anyone imagine owning anything better than a slingshot designed by Joerg Sprave and customized by Dan? (Are you reading this chief A.J.?)

Okay, now for the PS-2. Well, everybody knows what a really great shooter this one is. I had a ball with it. The bands had me a little flummoxed for a while: they are a strong pull and really have a lot of snap! to them. I kept missing a tin at 10 yards by an inch or so. But once I figured out that I needed to just stretch the bands in a high position first, and then level off at my target. . . Bam! I actually hit that can 5 times in a row, something I've never done before. Even with my Jungle Hunter. This morning I went right back out with the PS-2 and shot till my hands couldn't take it any more (arthritis) I shot at little targets, far-away targets, everything but live targets. I truly think this slingshot will be the one with I will be most accurate. It is a perfect design, no question. Excellent, Perry.

Today is gonna be family day, taking the grand kids miniature golfing and stuff. If I'm not too tired, some black thera is going on the Mini Skit and maybe tomorrow I'll have a post up about it.

The yew will have to wait until my excitement dies down, and my muse kicks in

Well, sorry for the wall of text. And thanks again everybody.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Yeah man, nothing like Christmas in July !

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
I love the ps-1 I got. Shoot that one more than anything. IT is very accurate. I also cannot wait for my cougar to arrive. It will be the 6th slingshot I own. Once I get a few more bucks I am going to get a few more too.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like christmas at your house!
Yeah, Fish. I feel like a little kid -- a 65 year-old kid, which I most certainly admit to (no apologies).

When your Ergo-2 gets here, you've got some mighty stiff competition to fit in with!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Yup, that was the idea. I put a great big handle on it to make it easier to grip. Well, it came back in a better condition than it went out, so all is cool. As a special bonus, you've made a lot of people pleasantly jealous.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Yup, that was the idea. I put a great big handle on it to make it easier to grip. Well, it came back in a better condition than it went out, so all is cool. As a special bonus, you've made a lot of people pleasantly jealous.
Christmas in July indeed! I'm on that "jealousy list" lol
You've got some shooting to do Bill... sitting in front of a monitor isn't on the agenda- now Git!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Glad you liked it Bill
Sounds like your having a lot of fun. I like that!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts