Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went stump shooting today. I took my camera and did a little filming. This is the best practice there is as far as I am concerned. Shoot at anything that catches your eye.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Very Nice and relaxing Roger!!! I love how you bust that green bottle!!! Nice scenery and Native American flute. Do you play? I have one made by a family member from Oklahoma that I play some. Well done!!!!
Perry (A+) Adkisson

·
Resigned
729 Posts
I loved that video, it looks like the places I used to go slingshot hunting when I was a kid, the landscape is so similar to the deserts of Mexico and I have been to the Southwest quite a bit so I can see the parallels.

I miss the serenity of the Desert...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Very nice video, there is no landscape like this in the UK

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep, looks like fun alright! I shoot better that way than when I target shoot for some reason.
Perry I have a flute but don't play. That is one thing that is beyond me.
Dayhiker I agree I think it is because I am relaxed and having fun. When I try to shoot targets I get tense and start into my shotgun pattern.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I love "Stump Shooting" I live in a National Forest with huge woodpeckers that make holes in trees everywhere, I love to shoot them (the holes not the wood peckers) with gum balls! Nothing like changing distances and heights to sharpen the skill. I wish I had some of that warm weather right now, it is snowing hard right now!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love "Stump Shooting" I live in a National Forest with huge woodpeckers that make holes in trees everywhere, I love to shoot them (the holes not the wood peckers) with gum balls! Nothing like changing distances and heights to sharpen the skill. I wish I had some of that warm weather right now, it is snowing hard right now!
Snow is one thing I do not miss. I moved down here from WY 11 years ago and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Snow is one thing I do not miss. I moved down here from WY 11 years ago and never looked back.
[/quote]

Got a new one today, shoot the "tuffs" of snow off the branches, or try to hit just the the branch to make the show shake off! Will it ever end?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.