Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In general, we tend to think that the instinctive shooting is less accurate than that of aiming, but on some masters, the firing of instinct can erupt with even greater precision, especially on moving targets.It's an inspiration to addicts who don't like to aim formally.But in my opinion,targeting is a basic skill for shooters,all masters' shooting look like instinctively after their tens of thousands of training and mastering the targeting skills well.What do you think about that?

·
Banned
193 Posts
I've gathered that the overwhelming majority of slingshot shooters only shoot for fun and stress release or relaxation instead of actually becoming master shooters. In the vast array of martial arts styles there are those who participate for those same reasons. However, there very few who have a strong enough dedication to become a master of their craft. Perhaps it is those mind games and self talk that hobbles our progress. Things like telling ourselves that I'll never be that good or I don't want slingshot shooting to lose its element of fun and become something so serious that it is no longer enjoyable. Maybe the same holds true why so few become great musicians. I've read posts from new shooters like Skropi who takes his slingshot shooting very seriously yet continues to not only have fun but increases his enjoyment as his skills improve at a much more rapid pace than average. Mainly due to his serious attitude towards the sport, analyzing every shot taken, and the amount of time spent shooting hundreds of rounds at a time. This makes me think of how much fun Rufuss Huffey had shooting slingshots and demonstrating his skill to others. He was a great shooter yet it was obvious that the fun element never left just because he took slingshot shooting serious enough to become a master of the sport. I wish I had such a strong desire to practice shooting hundreds of rounds per day all the while analyzing each shot as to why I made a hit or a miss never settling for substandard performance. Maybe if I had a shooting partner to keep me in a competitive mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.