Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's keep doing this !! The MONTHLY TARGET SHOOTOUT

One suggestion; What do you say we post only our target picture on the MONTHLY TARGET SHOOTOUT on that forum, and comments on one specifically started for Monthly Shootout Comments? I think this would be great, I was thinking this is how it was going to be done at first.

A complication or way to see all the targets in one page? I would really like to see all the targets together, one after another. Hope this isn't being too particular.

Ray

Looking forward to APRIL'S TARGET SHOOTOUT !

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree with your suggestion. Also, everyone needs to use the same target if at all possible. There were several different targets used in the March shootout. Some shooters don't have access to printers so will need to draw out their own target but everyone who can print a target should be using the same one.

I'd also suggest that everyone mark the holes in their target and tot up their score before posting.

·
Registered
316 Posts
One thing I didn't mind was the difference in targets. I imagine it'll be quite hard to use the same, in short of sending each shooter one and that could be hard.. I thought to make it easy differences in targets were fine. I guess one way to fix it is to have a standard size bull-size. The rings really don't matter as long as the bulls-eye is the same size.

At the same time it should be kept simple so that way more are able to participate regardless of what each has.

·
Registered
121 Posts
One thing I didn't mind was the difference in targets. I imagine it'll be quite hard to use the same, in short of sending each shooter one and that could be hard..
But everyone here has internet access and there are targets online (eg on the Trumark site) that can be printed. That doesn't help those who don't have access to a printer - but if we decide on a set target then the rings can be measured and the dimensions posted so that those without printers can draw their own targets.

You are right that different targets may have the same ring sizes but I think it looks messy to have everyone using different targets as happened in the March shootout.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Whether printed or drawn, I like the idea of standar targets of some kind for each month. So long as it has a bull's eye of the same size and rings outside of that sized right, then it should be fine. So what are the standard ranges and ring sizes?

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Yeah, I think standard target measurements is a good idea. I can draw up one standard target and then photocopy it at work to make as many as I will ever need.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Alright for this month let's go for one. Those without a printer (ME) can draw it.

I really don't care so I'll let someone else pick.
And considering I don't even know how we are scoring it; what's the standard for that going to be?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Target ring sizes below are the diameter of each (total width across) from the target on the web someone suggested and many of us used. Or make a center dot then divide each measure in half set your compass with that 1/2 measure with the compass point fixed on the center dot and go to town.

bulls eye 7mm
first circle 55mm
second 90mm (9cm)
third 125mm
outer 170mm

·
Registered
237 Posts
Kindly post the link for the online target, please.
While I have a pretty good compass, I have a better printer.

not that I expect to even hit the paper more than twice, really

·
Registered
5 Posts
isnt a 7mm bullseye kinda small when most of us(At least I do) shoot .44(11mm) balls?

·
Registered
316 Posts
We decided on 3/8 for the target shoot Ken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts