Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to solicit the opinion of you, the members of SSF, to see what I could do to improve this community. Any legitimate suggestion will be given serious consideration. Post away!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, to be honest, I have been a member of this forum for a long time. This forum has changed in many ways. It used be small forum where everybody was friendly and helpful. Everybody is still helpful but not so much friendly. I only come to this forum to read the older members posts [Flatband, Dayhiker, Tex etc.] The forum has waaayyyy to many subforums. Thanks, MS

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot really address the friendliness part. I still feel it is pretty friendly, but as a site grows it gains much in the way of content but also loses something when it comes to the feeling of being a friend with everyone.

As far as the subforums go, we get a lot of posts here. Without having a clear distinction between topics, new members could easily be lost in the flow of topics and posts. The search works well, but newbies often have a hard time using it.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I would like to suggest an idea, Slingshotforum.com merchandise, I understand that this will probably be a hard thing to start up and finance but I think it would be a profitable idea. T-shirts, hats key chains, etc. the usual stuff. just an idea. Thank you

Reactions: Incomudro

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
it seems that without the subforums topics would become very confused since there are so many different things a person likes to talk about. and from other site experience a person likes to find a home/ group he fells comfortable with and talk. i have been on sites and seen limitations imposed as to topics, the general consensus is that it is an elitist forum. i know for myself i have many of the same interests the other poster have. SSF parafernalia? SCHWEET! as far as sites go, unless someone or a group of people wants a particular item i find it to be a place to relax. as the popularity of slings grows so does the site grow, that always leads to more and more diverse opinion, but this site is much friendlier than most. IMHO

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
it seems that without the subforums topics would become very confused since there are so many different things a person likes to talk about. and from other site experience a person likes to find a home/ group he fells comfortable with and talk. i have been on sites and seen limitations imposed as to topics, the general consensus is that it is an elitist forum. i know for myself i have many of the same interests the other poster have. SSF parafernalia? SCHWEET! as far as sites go, unless someone or a group of people wants a particular item i find it to be a place to relax. as the popularity of slings grows so does the site grow, that always leads to more and more diverse opinion, but this site is much friendlier than most. IMHO
Very good answer if i may say so

·
Over 9000 Club
472 Posts
love the site, here probably at least once a day since i joined.

1. Most forums allow the download and use of the art that is on a website so that they can be used for non commercial use. any chance of making it available here?
2. A Suppliers area for each part of the world. not sure how it would work or be presented, but if people would share links to websites where SS stuff can be obtained, that would be fantastic. Im in australia, and stuff is pretty difficult to find here.
3. a regular competition for shared design of the month, help that section grow as i really like when people add to this area.
4. A regular competition for tutorial of the month to help that aspect grow here, i really enjoyed the last time that comp was run, so many great ideas and posts.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts

1. Most forums allow the download and use of the art that is on a website so that they can be used for non commercial use. any chance of making it available here?
2. A Suppliers area for each part of the world. not sure how it would work or be presented, but if people would share links to websites where SS stuff can be obtained, that would be fantastic. Im in australia, and stuff is pretty difficult to find here.
3. a regular competition for shared design of the month, help that section grow as i really like when people add to this area.
4. A regular competition for tutorial of the month to help that aspect grow here, i really enjoyed the last time that comp was run, so many great ideas and posts.
I agree with your #2, I like that

·
See The Target
21,996 Posts

I like the idea of increasing contributions to tutorials and shared designs.

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Perhaps a catalog of targets? Osama, rodents, birds, my ex wife...all the usual suspects in one thread maybe in a sticky?
maybe a place where one can make thier own target and share it with one another like the shared designs for slingshots. or include it in that area ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think there should be a sales watch section. So if someone finds a discount a sale or just an amazing price on tools, material for bands and slingshots or leather, ect. in a store or on a website everyone can know and capitalize.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
maybe a place where one can make thier own target and share it with one another like the shared designs for slingshots. or include it in that area ?
There is a plug-in for the site that I can buy that might fit this need. It is a product called "Downloads", and it might work well for this, as well as sharing PDF design plans. I don't know if it would be a positive or a negative, but this software allows people to charge a certain amount per download. So, in theory, people who have spent a lot of time putting together a really great and reproducible PDF, or other blueprint type, could charge a couple bucks for it.

·
TheMotoRick on YouTube
201 Posts
I really like the way the forum is now. I'm trying to think of ways to improve it, but I need to think harder!
I really appreciate how friendly people have been to me, and I've been fortunate to meet Rayshot and shoot with him. Hopefully I can meet some more forum members some day.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Yes Aaron is and the rest are doing great jobs despite all of our constant and often misdirected criticism. I would think coffee mugs would be a hit in terms of merchandise. Make the mug with simulated cracking and a fake bullet hole on the opposing side of the logo as if it had been used for target practice!

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about a way to remove conversations in a more expedient manner? Boxes you could tick and delete all at once rather than having to open each one individually and deleting them one at a time.
You should be able to click on the top check box on the right and choose the Delete drop-down on the bottom right.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts