Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Leatherman is the only name you need my friend!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I've used many multi-tools for bush-crafting; I don't know if you know the Mora knife series? my Mora knife used to be my main bushcrafting knife, but now I use my Swiss army tool as my only knife, the Swiss steel is in-comparable for a multi-tool, and there's many different types. It's the only one I would recommend now.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I made a tree fork slingshot with a Super Leatherman for a friend while I was on vacation several years ago. It took me about a half of a day! -- Tex

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Ive always used a leathermans feel naked without it but you need to think about what you want to do with this tool and what do you need the tool to do what blades douse it have is the size and weight OK for you because even the cheep tools work well if used properly

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I like Gerber too, but the leatherman x2 that I have doesn't accidently pinch my hand when using the pliers. Gerber has good steel, but they are a bit short on what blades and such they come with. I have a Leatherman wave and a super Leatherman. Never had a reason to complain about anything when using them. I also have a Gerber, which I have owned for about 15 years.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Leatherman, Gerber and SOG all make good tools. The trick is deciding where the tool will be primarily used, such as for outdoor sports or in an industrial environment. Outdoor tools should have a good knife blade, saw blade, file and can opener. Work related tools may need to emphasize screw drivers and wrench doo-hickies. I have two, one for work (Gerber) and one for play (leatherman).
frosty2

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Letheman wave. Great tool.
Philly

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I liked my SOG, but it was nowhere as nice as a Leatherman.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
They also come with a 25 year warranty!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
i love my leatherman WAVE

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Have had a Leatherman for years can't say anything bad about it.Right now am carrying a Gerber pocket knife.I do not like the steel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts