Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
After changing flatbands like blah! this summer i straped tubes on my frame to make them last longer. So when i got home from vacation i wanted to make my fav frame into a tube friendly frame. Lo-and-behold my new offspring fun to make never done a sandwich, ist aluminum and plexiglas with some special elastic rubber glue that i found in a store. =D

20190726_210708.jpg

20190729_205457.jpg

20190731_110644.jpg

20190731_110655.jpg

20190731_111314.jpg

Shoots to the left, as for now, wondering if im going to narrow the gap between top and eyes, or i just have to compensate for it. Shoots as expected. (Edit; Shoots perfectly i just forgot to aim it! :king: )

Need to make a Lanyard hole.

Feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

/Uba

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Now this is just plain ole fun.

If this was at a county fair I'd go buy tickets right now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx all. :blush:

Im pretty fed up with dust and crap. Making slingshots are a messy trade even if its small things. :shhh:

But its very rewarding and easy to bring along with a few bits of sand paper and small files! About 1 week in "hobby-time"

Cheers!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,730 Posts
Thnx all. :blush:

Im pretty fed up with dust and crap. Making slingshots are a messy trade even if its small things. :shhh:

But its very rewarding and easy to bring along with a few bits of sand paper and small files! About 1 week in "hobby-time"

Cheers!
Nah, don't give up so easily............the satisfaction of having something made by your own 2 hands, FAR outweighs the little bit of dust and crap that comes with sling building. Try making some from natural tree forks sometime, not as messy, but still just as cool. :banghead: :WasntMe:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt used epoxy. I used a elastic rubber glue. Casco superfix. Sanded the it with 180 grid. Glued og and left it for a day. That said. One of the plexiglass sides lost a little contact after a lot of fileing and sanding. So when i was done. I used a scraper and forced it off, cleaned it, sanded the rest of the glue off, glued it back on. Hard to posission it accurately so i had to do a little work for a perfect fit.

Ive done another one after that one. Happy with the results. wonder how long its gonna last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts