Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
After changing flatbands like blah! this summer i straped tubes on my frame to make them last longer. So when i got home from vacation i wanted to make my fav frame into a tube friendly frame. Lo-and-behold my new offspring fun to make never done a sandwich, ist aluminum and plexiglas with some special elastic rubber glue that i found in a store. =D

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Flooring Plywood

Wood Bumper Floor Wood stain Flooring

Wood Tool Bicycle part Carmine Font

Wood Hardwood Wood stain Flooring Plywood

Wood Bicycle part Wire Hardwood Composite material

Shoots to the left, as for now, wondering if im going to narrow the gap between top and eyes, or i just have to compensate for it. Shoots as expected. (Edit; Shoots perfectly i just forgot to aim it! :king: )

Need to make a Lanyard hole.

Feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

/Uba

Attachments

Premium Member
Now this is just plain ole fun.

If this was at a county fair I'd go buy tickets right now.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx all. :blush:

Im pretty fed up with dust and crap. Making slingshots are a messy trade even if its small things. :shhh:

But its very rewarding and easy to bring along with a few bits of sand paper and small files! About 1 week in "hobby-time"

Cheers!

SLING-N-SHOT
Thnx all. :blush:

Im pretty fed up with dust and crap. Making slingshots are a messy trade even if its small things. :shhh:

But its very rewarding and easy to bring along with a few bits of sand paper and small files! About 1 week in "hobby-time"

Cheers!
Nah, don't give up so easily............the satisfaction of having something made by your own 2 hands, FAR outweighs the little bit of dust and crap that comes with sling building. Try making some from natural tree forks sometime, not as messy, but still just as cool. :banghead: :WasntMe:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt used epoxy. I used a elastic rubber glue. Casco superfix. Sanded the it with 180 grid. Glued og and left it for a day. That said. One of the plexiglass sides lost a little contact after a lot of fileing and sanding. So when i was done. I used a scraper and forced it off, cleaned it, sanded the rest of the glue off, glued it back on. Hard to posission it accurately so i had to do a little work for a perfect fit.

Ive done another one after that one. Happy with the results. wonder how long its gonna last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.