Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to be a good neighbor I needed a catchbox that I can make almost invisible. I couldn't go with a blue food barrel nor an old stereo cabinet. I settled on a $30 Sump Basin because it is the right size, easy to modify, and comes in a durable material in the correct color for optimal camouflage applications.
I don't have any cans nearby right now. However, when I went upstairs I found this little SOB lurking outside my daughter's dollhouse! Suffice to say we had a little tussle and he is getting some hangtime before he meets the steel!!
eee87bc62ba98094db97c345fdf61c24.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
My son would like that.
What's the catch box of?
It is called a Sump Basin. There are a couple of different types available at most hardware stores. There is a thinner plastic version and this heavier duty version. Cut the hole you want and either mount it to a board like this, or not?! It is essentially a big ol' bucket.
b34b94e4b84880c2b3b9962ce08e79c6.jpg

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks y'all. I'm just a monkey trying to be a monkey. I wanted to build a wooden catchbox like Cjw did but it is wet and humid out here in my new home. I didn't want my catchbox looking like my neighbors deck after a year of living outside.
For those in attendence I wanted to also let you that Mr. $#@!$? Speedo had a buddy roll up and try to jump me while I was sleeping. I am a little sore, some bruised ribs and a busted lip, but this little Chuck Norris wannbe is also HEADED to the catchbox!!
635a24650b975877832eeb4ba5ac5c3b.jpg

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like that better than my blue bleach barrel. How many gallons do you think it would have held? ya might have a few bounce outs but that could be dealt with. Good job Mo.
I pulled a quick calculation and came up with a Shitload of water give or take. No bounce outs allowed. I've got a about 10 layers (blanket folded over) of a tight weave cheapo moving blanket from the hardware store. That and I never miss my spinner, ever.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts