3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did all the slingshot stuff!

Can cut at 33'.
Found a disgarded tree.
Used my Bone Grip Band Template to cut 6" x 5/8"-3/8" tapered TBG
Made an oak natty.

Sunday was a good day.

PS- my fork hunting bag was at home...had to use my littlest saw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just cut a can before I am out the door for adulting...and had the oddest experience. I had taken 113 shots again to my score for yesterday.

The can was intact (ish)...meaning not in two pieces. As I grabbed another steel...the bottom just fell off. A delay of at least 5 seconds. I am shooting inside sonno wind.

I had shredded the part of the can still hanging on. So maybe a very thin piece

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha...thanks, ere'body.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I gave this to my friend who is also our property maintenance guy...he has a son that stays inside a lot.

He is going to practice with me this week and then together we are going to shoot at his house in the country. Also I get to fork hunt in a hickory and oak thicket.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Looks like a top notch shooter to me!

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I gave the oak to my maintenance man/friend. I gave him the complete starter kit disguised in a 1st Aid bag.

Plus this morning early near the high school...I noticed a down Hedge Maple...I think...all before coffee was in full effect.

I collected 5 free & fine forks.
My middle daughter(Hope) is traveling to visit her Bio-dad ( Oh, I have a blended family that gets along...my kids never get away with anything! hahaha) and I am sending a few natties with her. She wanted to carry my Scout LT. That was a big no...and we reached a compromise. She was nervous about shooting another frame. I cannot nuture fear, let my Scout travel...and she needs to have the confidence to shoot natties and alll frames.

I am only putting 3 forks in a pic...the other 2 are going to be drying in my van...and are surprise tinker projects inspired here on SSF.

I also got some rubber ammo from SimpleShot. Theu have a nice creek and abandoned railroad to play outside there. But I am not comfortable releasing them steel just yet...for shenanigans sake.

PS- My maintenance man/friend has some fine property with old oaks and hickorys...we're going to go fork hunting now that the leaves are down.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts