Interesting ideas, great use of everyday items...but I make my slingshots so I can buy my ammo.
Hehe - well, perhaps when I'm good enough (at making and using them). Until then though, I'll have to carry on making everything myself. On which note, it may be appropriate to show off my 'proper ammo' making equipment at this point too;
1) Fill hard wood mold with hot lead
2) After cooling, extract mess from inside
3) Trim sprue (excess mess) into ladle - the small bits will get the next melt started
4) Fettle balls (eh?) with antique pliers
5) Repeat (and just to prove I'm not a complete skinflint, I actually paid for the pouch)
Although to be fair I only bought it to copy the pattern...
These 'balls' are an approximate .44cal - I've not used many, for a couple of reasons; i) I'm nowhere near good enough with slingshots to even think about hunting with them, so I'll stick to the air rifles for now and ii) I havent yet built a pellet trap big enough for my appalling attempts !
I have to take a car for its MOT on Thursday, so I might try scrounging some wheel balancing weights, as recommended elswhere. Meawhile, I'm still recycling some old window lead...
Take care All
- Tony -