Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
A good technologist always tries to exclude unnecessary operations from the production process, ultimately reducing the cost of goods. Here I see the opposite picture: a process has been added that increases the time and material costs of installation without any benefit in the longevity of the groups.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Simplify life even further by using the traditional OTT single fold. I'm sure it works but can't really see the point of the extra work for OTT. Or if you want to get super simple (Does this make me a simpleton?) switch to tubes!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
My experience was not so nice. I was using Gorilla Glue standard Super Glue on .five bands from simpleshot.com. Put just a tiny drop of glue on one side spread it all over around and then fold it over and pressed it together let it sit for an hour. I did this to two brand new two sets of bands and both sets of bands pulling them back not even to a full draw it snapped right at the super glue line.? When I tried to remove the superglued tabs they crumbled in my hand like they were dry-rotted in the Sun.

Luckily I made them long so that I could retie them in the normal way with ribbon no problems, but very bad experience maybe the latex is too thin but they snapped at about 25 inches.... both times first draw??

Testers beware.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.