Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I got this great little shooter in a trade with ZDP a couple of days ago!!! Dan I have really enjoyed shooting it!!! It has a heft that's surprising for it's size due to the manufacturing materials. The subtle color change and layers looks neat. Because it is so flat it easily could even slip in a back pocket or between ones waistband for carry. I believe it would be virtually indestructible.
The small double band set and narrow pouch you made for it gives a good about of speed.
Thank you very much my friend!!!! I am pleased to have one of your creations in my collection!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Perry, I'm really glad you like it.

Seeing as I gave it in trade with your fun little BB sling, I decided to give it a bandset to match. In the end, I decided the 4lbs of draw was no easier to control than 8lbs so I doubled the bands knowing you could always re-tie them.

In the spirit of the trade I also wanted to give it a wood-like grain, but in a plastic. That meant a phenolic or epoxy based laminate. I happened to have this G-10 in stock with alternating layers of red black and burgundy and so I put a little wave in it to mimic a natural material. I didn't take the wave too deep so it remains essentially flat. As you say, it'd slip nicely into a jeans hip pocket but the profile gives it a big-frame feel and resistance to draw torque.

Although made for BB plinking, the 5/16" or so thick G10 is well strong enough to handle your Ultra Bands or any bands of a strength that you are likely to choose to pull. The tip tie grooves are deep like you make and that makes for a secure attachment. The thinness should also make for a good band life if you shoot natural rubber bands.

I'll post a review of your excellent BB shooter once I have gotten my flip technique down pat.

Thanks again for the trade!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very COOL slingshot !

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Every time I see another mutation of a ZDP catty, I study the fore thought put into it and see the next design in a new light. Ever changing, ever lasting.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Nice slingshot you got there

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
ZDP -- Creativity and sound Design are your trademarks. Another quality original!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts