Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I started this journey, I've had an on again off again affair with tubes. I like the idea of tubes, but for some reason never really got along well with them. I mostly shoot my frames from Shane and they are set up for bands (except for one with worm hole attachment). Never found tab material or a way of attaching them that sat well with me. I had been making pouches from Harbor Freight welders gloves and I really like the leather they are made of. Soft and flexible, but also very strong. Figured I would give that a try for tabs. I had some Dankung 2040 and made up a set with a 6" active length. The setup is nothing to look at, but man is it working extremely well! I actually shot my personal best today. Shooting at a 1.5" target from 22'. Grabbed 8 9.5mm clay balls. First round I hit 5 of 8. Next was 6/8. Then only had 4 surviving clays and hit 3/4. Went on to hit more than I missed with clay and 3/8 steel. I think this time I'm going to stick with tubes. I have some 1842 and 1745 on the way!

HHtubes.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI... In my experience the tab material makes a big difference, so you may have to experiment. This same frame with para cord tabs really didn't work well, which is why I kind of moved away from tabs and tubes. Now this setup is the most accurate combo I've personally ever used. I left the tabs long so I would have enough room to adjust them as needed when attaching. I also put a piece of double sided tape (about 1/2") just under the band groove, to give a little extra friction and attached them with #32 office bands. They have slipped at all. The hole at the bottom of the tabs is there so I can use my band tying jig to attach the tubes (not needed if you use a double clamp type jig).

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright man, I'm not a tube guy but I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes! You'll definitely have a different point of impact so give it a fair try. These tabs are a bit short (I originally had them on the little thumper with clips.). I used a little piece of double sided Scotch tape for added friction and wrapped tight with #64 office bands. Rock solid!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some 1842 in and banded up my Thumper with tabs. Outstanding combo with 3/8. Set a personal can cut record with 14 shots. Also got the new SS small micro fiber pouches. Excellent pouch. The holes are a bit small to feed the tubes through so I enlarged a bit with a leather punch. I was 100% sold on tabs and tubes before, now I'm 1000% sold!

cancut4.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
After seeing Steve's success on here I thought I would give tubes another fair chance. I set them up like this, and too much surprise I was very accurate with them. I've only shot tubes tied directly onto to frame before with tube protectors and with the double style tabs and never cared much for them. But this was is fantastic! Just make sure your tubes lay nice and flat in there relaxed state, and make sure the tabs are long enough so the tube when drawn back doesn't touch the fork tips.

Thanks for this thread and sharing your findings Steve. 3DFC3EAA-6BA3-413E-AC8F-24DBD775D3D0.jpeg DF4742F1-D1CF-45BE-A704-45C13ED02211.jpeg

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts