Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some target practice in my room, I only have 5 yards. But it's plenty fun shooting in my room.
Here's my target groupings. From 1.5 inch, 1.25" to 1 inch groupings. 5 shots each. Out of 22 had 2 stray shots from the groups.
Ammo = 10.5mm lead and 0.9 bands, with half inch longer active bandlength at 6.5" because it was killing my fingers at 6" doing target shooting. Just that little 0.5" longer makes a difference on comfort.
Handwriting Font Art Drawing Paper

·
Registered
625 Posts
I like your pigeon drawing.

Realistic targets like that are great hunting practice . . . By focusing your aim on the vital areas, you quickly learn what your 'effective range' is, or in other words, at what distance you can accurately and consistently hit the vital area of the wild game you are planning to hunt.

Important info if you're a hunter! :)(y)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This time took more time to draw a better looking target. :) grouping always within 1" to 1.5" @ 5yards. Chrony= (6.5 - 7.0 fpe)
The bands are over 300 shots in already, lasting pretty good. Hope it reaches 500+.
I notice some shots miss high because I've got an unconscious tendency to tuck my jaw/head down sometimes. Which throws shots high. Been trying to rid myself of this habit.
Bird White Phasianidae Wood Art

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like your pigeon drawing.

Realistic targets like that are great hunting practice . . . By focusing your aim on the vital areas, you quickly learn what your 'effective range' is, or in other words, at what distance you can accurately and consistently hit the vital area of the wild game you are planning to hunt.

Important info if you're a hunter! :)(y)
Thanks for the compliment on my drawing haha. it's relaxing & entertaining to draw my own targets. The advice you have given is great advice for anyone planning to hunt or go pesting :) 👍🏼😀 .

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
450 shots in already, still no tear. Glad the longer active band length, lengthens it's bandlife. Used to tear under 300 shots.
Trying to get more consistent groupings. In my room at close range of 5 yards, I feel like it takes the pressure off and I won't panic so much when target practising.
Bird White Vertebrate Beak Art
crop region shot grouping
Bird White Beak Feather Art

Headshot grouping attempt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts