Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to make a target trap from a totebox that is designed to minimize bounce-outs. I usually lay an old bedsheet in front of my trap but would like to find a design that keeps the ammo inside the box. I'm guessing that one feature should be strips of fabric rather than hanging a series of t-shirts or towels. Narrow strips should move easier and absorb the momentum. A piece of cardboard on the front would help for paper targets but I want to hang a spinner inside the box.

Any good ideas?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I find a deeper box with the targets/spinners suspended deep in the box works best. I also put a 1 1/2 to 2 inch lip all around the opening to help keep the shot from bouncing out.

·
Registered
408 Posts
My tote (catch) box has a lid; I cut out part of the lid and left a "lip" at the around to help catch bounce-outs.

I saw someone's catch box where they had cut lengths of rope and hung from the roof to form a forest of sorts. I will look for the thread and try to link.

Anyways, it looked like it would really stop the bounce-outs.

Been meaning to give it a go myself, but hadn't found the time yet.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rope sounds interesting. This is the first I heard that idea. I remember hearing about hanging cloth strips. Also heard about rubber garden mulch but it's messy to get the ammo out. I'm thinking about a piece of burlap in front of the hanging strips (or ropes). The burlap should allow ammo to pass through but possibly stop bounce-outs. Eventually a hole will start in the center but the idea might still work.

·
Premium Member
9,961 Posts
One trick is to go light weight. One thin layer of t-shirt material placed far enough from the back that the ammunition doesn’t hit. It may take several tries to get it tuned but it can be done. You’ll have to adjust for different ammo

·
Registered
432 Posts
Моя квартира не подходит для съемок. ))) Максимальное расстояние от стрелка до цели составляет всего 7 метров и важен каждый сантиметр. Так что моя сложенная коробка имеет только 4 дюйма в глубину. На шарнирных штангах установлен поддон-коллектор. При открытии глубина уже составляет 22 дюйма, шары не разлетаются!

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
This might interest you.

Make sure to read toward the end where you'll see the pattern they use to hang their strips.

This idea is similar to the way I saw the ropes hanging.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I tried everything possible to catch ammos: carpets, plastics, nets, pullovers, pillows, quilts, even an astrakhan fur.
Nothing compares with simple, used and abused, cotton T-shirts.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've tried strips of material a few times and they always seem to channel after a handful of shots unless I rearranged them frequently.

Maybe if you put a solid t shirt behind all the the strips...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts