Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out how to make a target trap from a totebox that is designed to minimize bounce-outs. I usually lay an old bedsheet in front of my trap but would like to find a design that keeps the ammo inside the box. I'm guessing that one feature should be strips of fabric rather than hanging a series of t-shirts or towels. Narrow strips should move easier and absorb the momentum. A piece of cardboard on the front would help for paper targets but I want to hang a spinner inside the box.

Any good ideas?

· Registered
572 Posts
My tote (catch) box has a lid; I cut out part of the lid and left a "lip" at the around to help catch bounce-outs.

I saw someone's catch box where they had cut lengths of rope and hung from the roof to form a forest of sorts. I will look for the thread and try to link.

Anyways, it looked like it would really stop the bounce-outs.

Been meaning to give it a go myself, but hadn't found the time yet.

· Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rope sounds interesting. This is the first I heard that idea. I remember hearing about hanging cloth strips. Also heard about rubber garden mulch but it's messy to get the ammo out. I'm thinking about a piece of burlap in front of the hanging strips (or ropes). The burlap should allow ammo to pass through but possibly stop bounce-outs. Eventually a hole will start in the center but the idea might still work.

· Registered
520 Posts
Моя квартира не подходит для съемок. ))) Максимальное расстояние от стрелка до цели составляет всего 7 метров и важен каждый сантиметр. Так что моя сложенная коробка имеет только 4 дюйма в глубину. На шарнирных штангах установлен поддон-коллектор. При открытии глубина уже составляет 22 дюйма, шары не разлетаются!

Attachments

· Registered
391 Posts
I've tried strips of material a few times and they always seem to channel after a handful of shots unless I rearranged them frequently.

Maybe if you put a solid t shirt behind all the the strips...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.