Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Here is what I use the most. Tin can hanging from rubber tube with a coat hanger hook an T-shirts hanging free behind the can to keep ammo from going through when I miss can.

Attachments

·
2,153 Posts
Yeah, I need a new can, but the one I have in the pic still goes "tink" when I hit it.

·
2,153 Posts
Here is one I use a lot for paper targets. ammo falls into a small bucket after the shot. Also thought I'd show my night stalker for pests. DSCN0293.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: karle

·
Registered
740 Posts
i only wanted to say that i really like your slingshots smitty but you should stop to write stuff with a marker on them.

·
2,153 Posts
Gee Whiz Frodo! I just wanted to sign them like the other guys do who make their own.
I did start writing just "smitty" as small as I could. Do you think it makes my slingshots look bad?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im think it looks good like tht but thts my opinion makes it look like a slingshot made by a professtional

·
Registered
666 Posts
So as not to deform lead ammo I switched to a 3 inch square of black vinyl upholstry material. It lasts quite a while and if it's tied so it can swivel it swings around when hit so you know you hit it at ranges where it's hard to see. It's flimsy enough that you get no bounce outs. I've been killing tuna fish cans and if I hit them on the edge they deform my lead ammo...hence the switch. Unlike cans which deform and cut in two the black vinyl just stays the same until finally the attachment hole tears and it dies. Costs nothing, scraps given to me by an upholstery shop. Any flexible limp material will work, heavy cloth, leather, whatever. Just make a hole in it about 3/4 inch inside and tie a piece of stout cord through it and over a piece of bar or suspend it from a wire or cord...whatever works best for your catchbox. One could use old political campaign posters as well, a fitting target in most cases.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts