Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all!

As I’m sure you’re all aware, there’s a bit dearth when it comes to slingshot-specific targets. We have silicone “clapper” targets and microfiber leather “spinner” targets, but that’s about it. Anything else you can buy (that kind of works) is usually intended for .22’s, Airsoft, BB guns, air rifles, or something of the sort. Pistol and (AR-15) rifle targets are some of the coolest in my opinion (e.g., self-healing reactive targets, knockdowns, dueling trees, etc.), but a lot of them are incompatible with the slingshot. That is, if they’re “reactive,” they don’t react to slingshots; if they’re supposed to be spinners, they only “swing.” And then there’s the ricochet factor. Well, I’m tired of it!

As some of you may know, I’m going to be launching a U.S.-based website for slingshots and slingshot accessories this spring. I’ll definitely be carrying silicone clappers and microfiber spinners, but I want to carry something else—something special. So, if you could have any type of slingshot-specific target available (even if it doesn’t currently exist), what would it be? I’m not above having something fabricated for our community. I think someone needs to.

Anyways, I’d love to have your feedback to see if we can reach some sort of general consensus. What type of slingshot-specific target needs to be developed next and why?

Hope you’re all having a nice day,
Wes

· Registered
1,554 Posts
When I shot a heavier setup I used steel washers to great success. When I went to my light setup I got a lot of bounce outs and had to go to lighter spinners. I do still use the steel washers for clay ammo, I like the way the clay explodes against the washed.
I go to the dollar store and buy silicone cleanings scrubbers as light and tough spinners.

Good luck with your store.
Vince

· Super Moderator
2,891 Posts

· Registered
633 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,910 Posts
I have had a severe can addiction for a year or more and have shot little else. Cutting cans is great fun but not great for accuracy, so I have mixed it up a bit. Every time I cut a can I save the top and bottom to shoot at them from the end, a lot of fun and a feeling of success to punch a hole in a can bottom. I also mix it up with some smaller cans like 5 oz chopped chile or mushroom cans- put these on the ground at ~5 yds and keep bouncing it out with every shot seeing how far I can push it out and keep hitting it.

Spent shotshells are also a fun smaller target for me- lots of these hanging around out in the desert where I shoot. And they really fly when it dead on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts