Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently I received 2m of Precise Green. Since I almost exclusively use TBG I wanted to compare them.

I cut 2 bands of TBG 2cm wide each and 15 cm active band length, and 2 bands of Precise Green also 2 cm each and 15 cm active length.

I used stretch factor of 5, the one I use always, although I know that this is recommended ratio for TBG; for Green I can only hope so.

I stretched them both to 75 cm (5x15) which gave me elongation of 60 cm each (75-15).

I measured the power at 75 cm for each pair of bands 10 times with pre-stretch of 10 times each.

First I noticed that TBG looses power rapidly after each stretch, starting with 5100 grams (1st measurement) and ending with 4480, (2nd measurement). Green had more consistent values.

I took last 5 TBG measurements since they were more consistent and got average power of 4580 g. I did then the same with Green and got 6680 g as an average. (I am inclined to doubt my own results since Green is even thinner than TBG (0.45 Green vs 0,635 TBG). For bands of same widths I would expect apposite..)

The weight of 2 TBG bands was 3.69 grams and Green had 3.47 grams.

Then I mathematically narrowed the Green bands from 4 cm total to 2.74 in order to have same power as TBG. However, the Green bands weight is now even smaller, 2,38 grams.

In total, the math that I am developing lately tells me that a slingshot banded with this set of TBG would propel ammo of 3.55 grams (9.5 mm steel ball and with a pouch of, say, 0.53 grams) to 67.45 m/s.

The Green bads of the same draw power (those that are more narrow now, being 2.74 cm in total) would propel the same ammo and with same pouch to 71.52 m/s.

However, the velocity of bands only, that is, without pouch and ammo, for TBG would be 120.88 m/s and for the Green 150.51 m/s.

To be honest I have no idea is this whole experiment and math are any valid. I would like to hear your thoughts and experience.

cheers,

jazz

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I've only used Thera-Band blue in the past, and that was very zippy indeed. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that TB-gold has changed in its composition, and no longer yields the same performance t was known for (I may be wrong, of course).

The 0.55 "Precise" (yellow) rubber I have been using for some time now is truly amazing, both in performance and longevity: my current band set has handled several hundred shots, and is still going strong. So I think I'll stick with this excellent rubber, which also works well in lower temperatures.

·
Registered
180 Posts
that is very interesting information Jazz,

I don,t have any facts or figures but i am finding gzk 0.8 a big improvement over tbg in all areas

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, oldstevie and I would still like somebody else, whi has better techincal ways to measure relevant parameters to check this.

cheers,

jazz

·
Banned
10 Posts
Ver película online - https://blog.libero.it/wp/veronlinegratispelicula/2019/09/16/ad-astra-ver-pelicula-online/

Ad Astra pelicula
Ad Astra Hasta las estrellas pelicula completas
Ad Astra Hasta las estrellas película 4
Ad Astra peliculas
Ad Astra ver pelicula online
Ad Astra ver película
Ad Astra Hasta las estrellas descargar peliculas gratis
Ad Astra ver peliculas online gratis
Ad Astra Hasta las estrellas descargar pelicula gratis
Ad Astra youtube pelicula
Ad Astra Hasta las estrellas pelicula completa en español
Ad Astra película mexicanas