Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After choosing a template pattern to print off on A4 paper and a few frustrating attempts at transferring onto a material surface, I settled on this.....

From a cardboard breakfast cereal box I remove the front and back panels, spray gp adhesive on the picture sides to dry tacky then press together.
Cut out a rectangle around the chosen diagram plus a card to match and repeat the adhesion process then do the precision cutout.
The resultant sturdy template is reusable and can be recut to contour lines for shaping.
I also use a sharp pointed scribe to pierce and indent drill centres.
Textile Wood Writing implement Liquid Font

· Registered
1,195 Posts
After choosing a template pattern to print off on A4 paper and a few frustrating attempts at transferring onto a material surface, I settled on this.....

From a cardboard breakfast cereal box I remove the front and back panels, spray gp adhesive on the picture sides to dry tacky then press together.
Cut out a rectangle around the chosen diagram plus a card to match and repeat the adhesion process then do the precision cutout.
The resultant sturdy template is reusable and can be recut to contour lines for shaping.
View attachment 382654
I do the same thing

· Registered
2,945 Posts
That's what I do. For traceable templates I cut those out of the notebook plastic. Works great as well
I got a box of different templates glued to cardboard some single some doubled up . But I always lose shape tracing them or my hand moves marker to fat always something. I know hand made never going be spot on . I bin having good luck just glue sticking them on well except one I hit to hard compressed air blew it off things happen.

· Registered
232 Posts

View attachment 382654
Yo! I see one of mine in that lineup! ICE is always nice 👍

· Registered
7,710 Posts

View attachment 382654
cereal box sounds better than the index card system i have been using,same process tho,gonna have to try it .Thanks :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts