Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slingshot friends and family,

I have just procured the largest tent campsite at Belle Ridge Retreat for our Slingshot Weekend. Me and a few regulars have the RV pads reserved near the big field and long range events. Now I have, at owner Nick's generosity and general good nature, T28 large group tent campsite. Plenty of camping space for all us and maybe with care and planning we can run a few events there, i.e., can race, 10m knockdown, and maybe a small woods course. Safety and being good guests is top priority.

My biggest point is anyone that can make it here with a tent can stay in this site in accordance to the Campground Rules as my guest.

More news after I learn, plan, and finalize it with Belle Ridge's permission.

Items we may find useful, but are not necessary, are as follows-

Free standing canopies
Netting/backstops (maybe)
Rope or line
Long electric cords
Fans
Targets
Ammo
Big magnets

Please, do not buy
any of these for this weekend, but if you have extra and want to share that'd be great.

Here is the link to the place.

https://belleridgeretreat.com/

Clean bathhouse, swimming pond, UTV trails (roll cages required), free camp wide wifi, electic and water access at some sites.

Bring your bug repellent, fishing pole, and swim suits.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Slingshot friends,

I got in some 3/8" conveyor belt material and 3 bases for target stands in today. Knockdown tournament is looking up.

McMaster-Carr is fast! But they're in Chattanooga TN. And the stand bases were La Verne TN. I oredered both yesterday.

I hope to get some cut out very soon and test them.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well Slingshot friends,

I got in some 3/8" x 12" x 5'conveyor belt material and 3 bases for target stands in today. Knockdown tournament is looking up.

McMaster-Carr is fast! But they're in Chattanooga TN. And the stand bases were La Verne TN. I oredered both yesterday.

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
4,663 Posts
Well Slingshot friends,

I got in some 3/8" x 12" x 5'conveyor belt material and 3 bases for target stands in today. Knockdown tournament is looking up.

Wow MakoMan you are putting in some heavy lifting here! Any ideas as to how you can spread the workload around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Slingshot friends,
Wow MakoMan you are putting in some heavy lifting here! Any ideas as to how you can spread the workload around?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Not a clue. But I will keep this stuff and beat my dad and brother, and nephew at knockdown instead of loosing to them in Corn Hole. I MEAN knockdown sounds way cooler than Corn Hole anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is what I have procured. Conveyor belt material, stand bases,and templates.

I am just kidding of course aboutbthe work load. Many are helping and send ing things. I just had these items on my wish list for a minute or two.

Tag actually sent me my 1st set of knockdown targets. And lawsy day! I love them.

If anyone is interested I may do another post on these targets and stands. $20 or so for a stand base that uses 1x2's and $40 at McMaster-Carr gets 12"x5' of Conveyor belt which could make way more targets than any one or two people need to play.

I figure I will send some out and pay it forward... maybe make a set or two for the weekend's gifts/ freebie table.

Here is the events as I see the..
4 rnds for 30 pts. 5 shots per rnd.

And 1 shot bonus shot at 3cm. Gonna make it worth 5 pts.
Perfect score is 125 pts. A 10m and a 15m event with the honor system.

Any ties will be settled with a shoot off.

I am a low to mid level marksmen on a good day. But Imma play for fun.

Also we put some 'boomers' in some metal targets last year and they had them at SEST... I think I may have a 15/32" but and make some boomer targets for the field.

So many people pitch in. Darrell, Sling-in-shot, sent a big sawmill blade that we 'gong' at 100 yards, Harold Dusch brought a bunch of target stuff, Sloughfoot sent metal targets shaped like animals, (and this year we may get a mini woods course), Natham Masters brough backstop netting (just in case and didn't even use it). Angel took pics and videos that I mostly didged accidentally. Bigdh2000 brought so much stuff I can remember it all, and Todd cooked us all dinner (and gifted me a sweet pen he turned.).

Really we all just pitch in and I know I am forgetting someone... Apologies.

But it is not a tournament... just a gather with some tournament like events this year.

We're just hanging out, eating, and slinging... if there is time we swim and fish a little. All levels of shooters welcome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, slingers.

Let me know if you think you're goingbto make it to Monterey TN at Belle Ridge on June 11th-13th.

Message me so I can add you tonthe list and if you want the Messenger chat for the event.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
I'd sure do it... but only a week between your's and the ECST.... that's quite a bit of travel and business neglect in a short period.

If it were a month or more separated, then it would be no problem whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Oh man! I'm excited for you guys who are going! I will make it out there hopefully next year when everything opens up! I know everyone will have a blast and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and videos!

Sling-On!

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A few of us here in Monterey and soaked... haha... I think ere'body here tr8ed to feed ere'body else breakfast.

Slingers are the kindest folks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts