Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to go fishimg with an ild friend and one of my first karate instructors' instructor... he smoked me 7 to one.

But he also let me keep the fish. I set all but one free. This one had a previous swallowed hook and its gils were torn. Rainbow trout are not the hardiest.

But it will be delicious.

I am no trout fisherman. Next time I will be heading out in my kayak and getting some bass and crappie. But I am a decent cook. Alao next time we will have a reserved campsite... that means hammocks, campfire, some drinks and story telling. And an opportunity to convert some people into slingers.

Be well, friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice Trout Pat. How did you cook it. I like to put them on the grill, lemon and butter, some back eddies seasoning and a little paprika.

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Oldmiser... that is my dream as soon as I get into a house (of my own) I am rigging hooks in all bedrooms.

@Kawkan, food and friends are the treasures of our life... memories, they are called.

@BSDave, I took my friends advice... remove head and clean, rinse, then in aluminium foil pouch at 350 I baked it... I stuffed with a bunch of real unsalted butter, sea salt, black pepper (lots), and minced pickled garlic. Open the pouch and let the too skin crisp. Bam!

Next time I will add a little smoked paprika because I believe your trout cooking skills are higher than mine. 1st trouts I ever cooked. 2nd one I ever ate. S'good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.