Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
Great topic!

Can you show an ideal (approx is enough) Width / Taper / Elongation Ratio-(Active Length) / Thickness / PER ammo?

One for 6mm, one for 9,5 etc.

Read the topic and like the approach, was hesitating to tell my worries, but who knows, you might integrate few issues next time.

• Elastics and companies come and go. It is hard to create brand related research that may become an evergreen data.
  • Temperature sensitivity and elongation factor is different for each elastics.
  • In practical life I choose bands based on my preferred ammo size and draw weight. The maximum draw weight I can handle within the desired accuracy range.
  • Lifespan and storage may alter quality of bands.
  • There is no guarantee that the quality of the materials are even and if changed than changed with notice.

Let me encourage you to create a summary / review that covers the basic principles of band selection for specific ammo. Many of us just looking for the take away message that is easy to digest and apply in practice.

Thank you again! For both of you to taking the time and effort. Thumbs up for the share!

Regards,

Tremo

· Registered
935 Posts
Can you show an ideal (approx is enough) Width / Taper / Elongation Ratio-(Active Length) / Thickness / PER ammo?

It looks like the info you are seeking might be at the lower end of his data. He addresses the active length question as follows.

I don't include the actual length of the band in the results for 2 reasons.

1). We all have different draw lengths.

2). The band length could be 10mm or more out because of the natural stretch increase over time.

Besides, we all know when we have pulled the band to or close to maximum stretch.

The following subtitles rank the bands from fastest downward. If you want the fastest in each category then it would be the top band listed in the desired category. If the draw weight is a bit more than you prefer then move down the category list until you find the highest speed with your acceptable draw weight. This method of ranking in categories will help you to easily find the band with the fastest speed for your desired max draw weight.

Categories

Ammo - 6mm - FPS OF 270 AND ABOVE

Ammo - 7mm - FPS OF 250 AND ABOVE

Ammo - 8mm - FPS OF 230 AND ABOVE

Ammo - 9.5mm - FPS OF 200 AND ABOVE

Ammo - 6mm - FPS FOR TOP 6 STRAIGHT BAND CUTS

Ammo - 7mm - FPS FOR TOP 6 STRAIGHT BAND CUTS

Ammo - 8mm - FPS FOR TOP 6 STRAIGHT BAND CUTS

Ammo - 9.5mm - FPS FOR TOP 6 STRAIGHT BAND CUTS

Ammo - 6mm - FPS FOR DRAW WEIGHTS OF 6 AND BELOW

Ammo - 7mm - FPS FOR DRAW WEIGHTS OF 6 AND BELOW

Hope this helps
Thank you Northerner!

It is much easier to handle the information once a brief summary is out.

I guess I can cut my bands already, but watching this thread I thought the amount of data is simply overwhelming and misses the attention of the target audience.

My intention was nothing else, just driving attention to the presentation. Like chunking the data based on importance and real life. Instead of presenting the sheer volume. Thinking of 30mm straight cut for 6mm ammo for example.

Thanks for the wrap up again!

M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts