Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mr. Stubby looks like a good solution for the hand cramp problem...Having some chinese frames myself I find it comfoting to build a wood handle onto the metal frame...Dankung sells them already fit with wood handle, but I prefer to make my own....You might try Fimo molded handles, but I guess most craftsmen here have experimented with Fimo clay....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Henry...With a possible problem at the loop connection could it be that the constrictor knot is creating an unusual amount of stress at this point...Would it help to use a bit of contact cement here ( at the connection ), allow it to dry then attach the connection ( with pressure ) ...Over this adding a short section of 1745 tubing...?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Henry...What I meant about adding the short piece of 1745, was to actually fit ( with narrow pliers ) a 1/4 inch ( or slightly shorter ) section over the area where the loop connects...Neil was doing this type of surgery in the construction of his fixed tubes on his Trophy slingshot...With the contact cemented area under this extra layer of tube, this should make a good connection with less severe stress on the connection point...If it were really necessary you could fix a constrictor knot over this 1/4 inch section of 1745, but I personally would try to avoid to much stress at this point...When I learn how to use this #@%"# computer I`ll try to be more articulate in my explanations ( I might even take a few shots with my #@%"# digital camera if I can learn how to get it on the forum display )...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Henry...Circlip pliers would be the best choice...I forgot to mention that in Chinese tutorials they would sometimes create a small knot on the end of the tube...When the end of the tube is looped around and secured this might add a little more "grab" when you place the small 1/4inch section of 1745 over it...The knot is made with thread...Thanks again for your ambitious research...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts