Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted a video on you tube testing my homemade slingshots here it is
all comments welcome good or bad,I did forget to wear eye protection though oop's.I will be putting them on ebay but not for a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried to send you a private message jeff but it is unable to ? any chance of your email address.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice video and probably good for the business too.Would be a shame to get a ball on the middle of those big windows ,be careful .It looks like you struggle to pull the 2040 tubes is it that much heavyer to pull then the 1745?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Nice Video, nice looking slingshot...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Nice video and probably good for the business too.Would be a shame to get a ball on the middle of those big windows ,be careful .It looks like you struggle to pull the 2040 tubes is it that much heavyer to pull then the 1745?
The 1745*yellow are alot stronger than the 2040*black tubes but I just lost my grip a bit every thing was fine,as for the windows there are another nine garage windows to the left which you cant see. I shot at a can in the video so you could see and hear what was happening but I usually shoot at one p peices and soft targets so the steel does not ricochet.If they do fly out its usually because I hit the wooden shelf and they always come straight back at me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
most of time i see 1745 used in four strands set and 2040 in eight strands. i tested myself 1745 in 8 strands but, for me, with this combo is nearly impossible toget a full drow. with 8 piece 2040 i am ok.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
most of time i see 1745 used in four strands set and 2040 in eight strands. i tested myself 1745 in 8 strands but, for me, with this combo is nearly impossible toget a full drow. with 8 piece 2040 i am ok.
Same for me. 17-45 four strand and 20-40 as eight strand. Also 17-45 four strand, for target and smaller birds and 20-40 eight strand, for full out hunting.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am aware 2040* is usually used as eight strand and I have used it myself,but it did not seem to be anymore powerful than the four strand 1745*.set up as four strand I think it still makes a good shooter especially for targets as it has a smoother pull suitable for the younger generation although I would not use ammo bigger than 9.5mm the ammo suited to the 2040* four strand set up was 8mm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts