Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the fastest to make slingshots that I ever made. It shoots quite well, is easy on bands and hands. It is not big, but has good clearance for accuracy and is easy to carry. I cold formed it from 3/8 inch diameter aluminum rod that I purchased at a Gibson's store. You can bend soft aluminum cold if you bend it very slowly and don't make the bends very sharp! Here is a video of me shooting one similar but a little smaller! PhzQfAYUeaU

Bicycle part Tool Electric blue Font Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Nice little frame Tex. I've been seeing more of these 3/8" rod frames popping up, and it gets me itching to try one myself. Do you use any special jigs for bending the wire, or can it be done with hands and/or pliers?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice little frame Tex. I've been seeing more of these 3/8" rod frames popping up, and it gets me itching to try one myself. Do you use any special jigs for bending the wire, or can it be done with hands and/or pliers?
Not on those! I just locked a piece 1/4 diameter broken drill in the vise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.