Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make no apology's for being Old School. I have wondered how many other shooters are old school also? I do know that most of the hunter's that i know are also Old School. One of the finest shoots that I know prides himself for shooting a natural. Here are the slingshots that I pride the most, no frills just honest shooters. By the way how many shooter's shoot a slotted flip can say that there slotted flip will shoot the life of the bands, (up to 3000 shoots) without readjusting the bands?

Brown Wood Font Metal Artifact
Wood Fawn Artifact Art Falconiformes

Attachments

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Tex

By slotted flip, do you mean slotted for tubes? Or slotted for like a matchstick tie for bands. If bands, yes. My bird shooter is setup that way. I suppose I'm old school. But right now I'm hanging with the "youngsters", trying to shoot frameless.

Nice looking forks you have there by the way. Is that line up the center of the one something you did to strengthen it?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tex

By slotted flip, do you mean slotted for tubes? Or slotted for like a matchstick tie for bands. If bands, yes. My bird shooter is setup that way. I suppose I'm old school. But right now I'm hanging with the "youngsters", trying to shoot frameless.

Nice looking forks you have there by the way. Is that line up the center of the one something you did to strengthen it?
No It is a crack, It has been there for about 10 years!

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Nice flips!! I would consider myself old school, although my main shooters and what I mostly build are machined from brass and aluminum. I make them on manual machines which have not changed much at all in the last 100 years. Also my preferred bows are all wood long bows and my favourite gun to hunt with is a pardner single shot 12 gauge. And when I build boats there ALL wood planked boats NO fibreglass lol

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I want to claim Old School Status...I have shot a few fine natties this year with a higher degree of accuracy that the previous 2 years.

I love wood work more than any other material and natties are the best all around flips.

I do not hunt any more, but I think I could now...fishing is just more preferrable.

Tex-shooter and JSAaz, y'all know too much not to be legitimately Old School.

I think I will never shoot Frameless for fun, but PFS are aweaome!

I think I am like Port Boy...Old School affiliated.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I am completely old school. Nearly every fork I own is a natty in some form of other. I do have one metal frame that I got as a gift, and one board cut, but otherwise it's good ol natties.

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
Im a natty guy as well. Sure, I have a lot of frames from titanium to g10 to hdpe and most materials in between but you can't beat a good natural fork in my book.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
44 Posts
Chef here;

Been shooting my nattys more than anything else for the past couple months when I wasn't shooting frameless. I consider myself pretty old school. I hunt birds with 3/4" clays, rabbits/squirrels with marbles/lead & have gotten to the point where I'm shooting marbles as targets from 25' and hitting them 7/10. Bands have been thick latex and gum rubber & all cut long draw 3/4" & 5/8" straight cuts 8-9".

No school like the old school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts