Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,251 Posts
It's almost over. I fly back home in a week. It's been great visiting with family, but it will also be great getting back home.

This was an unplanned trip, prompted by my oldest daughter's almost fatal illness. She spent 6 weeks in the Shreveport, LA VA hospital, and at one point was not expected to live through the night. She made a miraculous recovery and today is back home, getting stronger every day, cooking for herself, and gaining almost a pound every day.

So, I'll be going home to resume making and shooting slingshots next Tuesday. I can hardly wait.

Arthropod Insect Liquid Terrestrial plant Plant

AJW
May 01 2012 10:53 AM

That's good news Henry.

It's reassuring to know you'll be back and I will once again,have protection from the entire Carribean side.

Sleeve Gesture Music Hat Event

NightKnight
May 02 2012 04:53 PM

Glad to hear she is recovering!

I may have to send you my resume when you get back. It does not seem to be doing the trick!!

Beard Tree Plant Grass Hat

Sean
May 07 2012 09:23 AM

Very good news Henry. A parent's worst nightmare having that type of situation happen to
one of their kids!

Art Food Event Triangle Fictional character

pop shot
May 07 2012 06:42 PM

I had no idea, Henry, I thought you just went on vacation! I'm glad she's ok, and wish her and you the best.

Hairstyle Eyebrow Eye Neck Jaw

ezshot
Jul 26 2012 05:48 PM

Henry, I wish you and your daughter the best and a full speedy recovery. Things like this make us appreciate the basic things in life like family.
Tom

Eyelash Handwriting Font Pattern Rectangle

CAS14
Feb 08 2013 09:59 PM

Sounds like she dodged a bullet, and she knew you cared enough to travel that distance. I hope a happy ending.

Facial expression Gesture Font Symbol Signage

lexlow
Feb 26 2013 02:24 AM

always good to hear a happy ending in these times. good good.

• Eli likes this

Helmet Plant Tree Hat Grass

Henry the Hermit
Sep 21 2013 11:44 AM

I've neglected my blog for too long. My daughter is now healthy and has gained weight, in spite of being diagnosed with breast cancer only a few months after surviving the liver/kidney failure. She has now completed her treatment and is clean. She's working a full time job. Thanks for ally your comments.

Cloud Sky Water Snow Art

AmmoMike
Jan 09 2014 09:39 PM

I too am a long time customer at the VA (PhoenixAZ) ,& know your daughter was in good hands. Very good to hear of great recovery, i venture to say that she was also in Devine hands! God Bless

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.