Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot over the top and have since 2000, before that I was a instinctive shooter and still do when shooting moving targets. I have always twisted my bands about 90 degrees and have some tell me that if i did not it would improve my shooting. Well I tried through the fork and around the outside, so I did not twist and it did not help me, but what ever butters your corn is OK with me. First photo about 2005, second photo about 2008 and third photo about 2011. Two Shooting Star classics and a Saunders Hawk. Note the different shapes of the two classics!

Nose Hand Arm Muscle Beard
Hand Mouth Beard Jaw Gesture
Glasses Vision care Sleeve Gesture Happy

Attachments

·
Ray Rowden
2,651 Posts
I shoot a little of every style.

OTT, TTF, PFS, tubes, flats, office rubber, even frameless.

I do limit my ammo - .177 bbs, 6mm airsoft, 1/4-inch steel, 5/8-inch steel, 3/8-inch steel, .36 cal lead, 1/2-inch glass, 5/8-inch glass, 1/2-inch steel, .44 cal lead. I have some clay, but haven't shot it yet.

I have a great time, but haven't managed to win a tournament yet. Hmmm.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I do limit my ammo - .177 bbs, 6mm airsoft, 1/4-inch steel, 5/8-inch steel, 3/8-inch steel, .36 cal lead, 1/2-inch glass, 5/8-inch glass, 1/2-inch steel, .44 cal lead. I have some clay, but haven't shot it yet.

Hey KK, have you shot those new bands yet? With smooth tips and 1/2 inch steel I bet you get over 2000 shots!

Reactions: KawKan

·
Ray Rowden
2,651 Posts

Hey KK, have you shot those new bands yet? With smooth tips and 1/2 inch steel I bet you get over 2000 shots!
I haven't shot them yet, Bill, but I'll let you know when I fire them up!

Thanks again!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is Nell showing off her shooting form with a Hunting Star. She loved to shoot Cans. Oh how I miss her!

Shoulder Street fashion Sleeve Brickwork Brick

Attachments

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
I shoot over the top and have since 2000, before that I was a instinctive shooter and still do when shooting moving targets. I have always twisted my bands about 90 degrees and have some tell me that if i did not it would improve my shooting. Well I tried through the fork and around the outside, so I did not twist and it did not help me, but what ever butters your corn is OK with me. First photo about 2005, second photo about 2008 and third photo about 2011. Two Shooting Star classics and a Saunders Hawk. Note the different shapes of the two classics!

attachicon.gif
sight 1.JPG
attachicon.gif
sight 2.JPG
attachicon.gif
sight 3.jpg
So, contact lenses are out of the question?

THWACK!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts