Slingshots Forum banner

Thank you Pete

7K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  NoSugarRob 
#1 ·
Well as you know Pete from Hoganscasting sent me a brass poacher last week, it was a bit of art with a fox on the front, well there was a other jiffy bag in saying not to be opened till xmas, so the wife grabbed it and rapped it up before i could have a little feel ha ha,
well xmas day came and she made me leave it till last and thought it would be funny to rap it in boxes and about 10 sheets of rapping paper, well when i got thtough the paper i couldnt believe my eyes one of the nicest little slingshots i have ever seen, and it had a lurchers head on the handle, it look just like the little dog we had lost this year, while hunting,
the slingshot was like the old milbro fitted with the square elastic, i couldny wait to try it so loaded with 20 marbles i shreded a coke can, i have to say it shoot brill and right on the target, its a nice small slingshot that will fit in any pocket, i am made up with it and cant wait to try it on the farm when the snow melts a bit,
any of you collectors go and and get one they are a proper collectors slingshot and made of brass they look fantastic, thanks a lot Pete for making my christmas, jeff

See less See more
#5 ·
a beauty, that's for sure Pete does amazing work, took my PPII out yesterday and I hate to say it but I shoot better with it than my naturals...

#6 ·
Hi Jeff so glad you like the catapult what you think to the band set? this catapult come with 4 differnt heads fox/pheasent cock / hen /and the one you have
they sell real well at the game fairs/ horse shows ect thanks for your review
Pete

#7 ·
Thats a really good post Jeff, i love all the photos mate. Pete and the boys make some cracking slingshots that should last a lifetime.

#8 ·
Yes i liked the elastic setup, it takes me back a good few years, i cant wait for a bit of snow to shift so i can try it out on the farm, the sqare elastic has come on a bit since i used to use it, and i can see how you can sell a few at the game fairs, the hunting lads will love them, its a proper collectors slingshot plus a good little slingshot for the game birds, i love it jeff

#9 ·
The new 6mm sq type black elastic is not has hard to draw like the old milbro elastic? you know were it took you 6month of use till it even started to give a bit. now it stright out and
off you go good hunting the thaw as just started today up here in sheffield ?not to sure for how long for fog and rain today
Pete

#17 ·
Been up the farm this morning with it, only got 2 crows and a magpie with it, but only had 5 shots so not bad, its a very easy slingshot to shoot, bang on target, i,m off out lamping tonight with the poacher tonight ha ha, trying and take some photos for the hunting part if my son come with me, I cant shoot keep a eye on my dog and take photos at the same time, i,m not a women, ha ha, jeff

#18 ·
i just love milbros
I will get a pocket poacher hopefully soon

atb guys

Ross

#19 ·
Thats a beauty Jeff

I became fond of milbros when I was a member at Jacksshed and became acquainted with some highly successful poachers from the UK who only use the squares and millies. The end result is I found an original milbro frame and my friend helped me out with a set of original squares and a pouch capable of handling stones.

A wonderful slingshot.. Here's mine
Hand Human body Art Font Table

Attachments

#26 ·
I remember when these were like 3 quid each and now milbros are like 40 but still times have changed I suppose :/ any ways back to the point I don't think you can beat a classic milbro with square(DONK) elastic I've killed plenty with them

Atb guys

Ross

#29 ·
This is an excellent thread, I don't have anything Hogans, but he has contributed a lot to the community and he has kept the classics alive and well. We all are indebted to you for that...

I would love to have one of Pete's beautiful Milbro copies, but unfortunately, with the dollar these days and money in general, that will not be happening any time soon. Yet I still will search for a Milbro at the best price possible...

As to those squares....Pete, I had no idea you sold them! That is fantastic, care to tell us of your prices?

Cheers - John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.