Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all Moderators, if this post gets any negative post, please delete it. I want to thank Medical personnel, police, firefighters, all men and women in the armed service. I had what I felt was a casual conversation until this guy started saying, “ that’s their job” ????‍♂ After a heated conversation I tried to express my opinion so that he would see my side, not necessarily agree. I was a laborer, so I went to work to make money, not a career. I have friends that are in medical, and armed forces and police officers and teachers. Everyone of my friends are trying to make a positive difference in people’s lives. It has to be for the love of what they are doing, because I made more money than a lot of them. Making more money doesn’t mean squat to me at the age I am now. My friends have a sense of fulfillment by helping others. I’m not saying I regret anything, I just feel I need to show appreciation to those who choose to help others.

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
Great post all the way around. It is important that each if us understand what we Don't know about the others around us, what motivates them. It has been said a millions times that those in 'Civil Service' are in a thankless job. That those who haul trash are uneducated. What nobody will understand is the motivations we use to keep moving forward.
A man is in the subway with his four kids that are running all over and screaming and making a mess. The others on the train were visibly distressed until a lady jumped up and got into the face of the father and seethed, "Hey, you are a rotten Dad. Your kids are out of control and you are staring out the window, get it together man!". The father quietly turned to the lady and said, "I am terribly sorry. They are normally very polite and considerate of others. Their Mother died a few hours ago in the hospital, I think we are all in shock."
We just don't know, what we don't know.....right?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,258 Posts
Great post Tag.

These days, people take for granted those in the professions mentioned, thinking "it's their job"....but not everyone can do those jobs, as thankless as they are, and the folks that are in those careers, imho, are hard working and caring, and deserve a bit more appreciation and respect for what they deal with and go through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.