Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had much time to post recently or even check on the forum as my dog died and I've been feeling pritty crap so I've been out with friends alot just to keep myself occupied..BUT!

I got a nice little parcel from the postman yesterday morning containing;

1x Daisy powerline B52
1x Custom Daisy powerline B52
Some parra-cord
A set of red Trumark tubes
And some red Thera-tube!

All free of charge! Thanks Dallasdeadeye:) It's generosity like this that give me that little bit of belief that there is hope for humanity and it's not everyman for themself, that people you don't know do care.. Thanks alot mate, it means alot! I owe you big time!

(I'll try get some pics up soon as when i get the time!)

Scooby

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't agree more Charles, maybe not that I love my dog more than some humans? but that he was inocent
He may have been a pitbull but he was the most loyal an friendly dog I've ever came across.. Thanks for your comment, means alot.

Scooby

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He (Chuck) hadn't been well for a few days, and we recently found a lump on his back leg.. and right away I thought of that dreaded 'C' word.. Took him the vet to get the lump taken off and a few tests done to find out what it was. Was taking him back to the vet to get the results and he had a heart attack on the way there.. I was devostated!
lost my little buddy & to rub salt in the wounds it turned out it wasn't the 'C'.. Hopfully the Vet can expand more on the why and how it happend in a few more days when they've ran some tests

Scooby

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Sometimes these things just happen. Hang in there. It will help to get another dog when you feel ready for it.

My current pal is an oversized Airedale terrier ... weighs 115 pounds. When you sit at your dining table, his shoulder would be an inch taller than the top of the table. He is very trainable. Loves people and small dogs. But he will jump any dog that is anywhere close to his size. He has almost no fat ... very muscular and strong. He comes from a breeder who breeds them for predator control ... wolves, coyotes, bears, cougars. He is steady as a rock, will not back down from much of anything. He likes to come up and snuggle in the bed last thing at night, but jumps down after about 15 minutes. Then in the morning when he senses I am awake, he comes up again for a good morning snuggle.

My dogs live in the house with me and go where I go. I used to train Doberman pincers for Canadian Kennel Club obdience competitions, and used to conduct obedience classes. I have had border collies and Kelpies ... used them on my sheep farm, and did some sheep dog trials with them. And of course I have had a number of mixed breeds as well. When one dies, it tears me up inside.

I have never had a woman stay with me as long as a dog ... guess that says something about me!!!

Cheers ..... Charles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts