Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This message is to thank all of you all who have provided an outlet and joy in my life, especially the last few weeks. You have helped me mostly with out knowing, the help was life changing and much appreciated. Let me elaborate.

For the last few weeks my mother was in the hospital and reading this forum and occasionally shooting slingshots gave me a way to clear my head and recharge my batteries. Honestly it has provided a bit of distraction as well.

Well last Friday night (the 20th) she was able to come home and was surrounded by family, in her own house, in her own room, when she slipped calmly and peacefully from this world. She will be greatly missed and leaves a big hole in this world but her pain is no more and she is with those who have gone before.

You all were there for me so I could be there for her and you have no idea how much that means to me.

Thanks is not thanks enough but it is word I have, so thanks....

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Wow Raven!! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You're correct, it's hard to see others go through pain but it is still hard to lose that special person, especially a parent. My Father passed away in '91 very young and a day doesn't go by that I don't think of him. She will live on in your heart and mind forever!

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Aw man! Sorry for your loss. I know it sounds like just talk, but believe me when I say.. The heart is not made to grieve forever. You will feel better in time. Just be there for the ones who love you for now.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I'm always at such a loss for words In this situation.
I'll just say that I'm so sorry for your loss my friend.

And now she is finally in peace forever.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is always a tough thing to go thru. I'm glad you had the time to spend with her & an outlet to help clear your head. I'm sure she's watching over you & glad you were there.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. My most heartfelt condolences to you and your family during this difficult time. I hope our recent transaction provided a pleasant distraction, at least for a little while. Be well my friend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts